Author Topic: Faffa's best yoghurt recipe  (Read 137196 times)

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
Re: Faffa's best yoghurt recipe
« Reply #240 on: June 03, 2013, 02:06:36 pm »
We've been making yoghurt using the Greek yoghurt culture from Green Living. It's soooooo good ! My kids don't usually eat a lot of yoghurt and at the moment our local fruit and veg shop has 500gm strawberries for $4 so the kids are going nuts with this yoghurt (ok and me too) with fresh strawberries and a very small amount of icing sugar. I'm making a litre per day using my easiyo. But, today I've ordered an electric yoghurt maker off ebay. This one :

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170975837218?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I like that it has a timer and that it will keep the yoghurt at constant temp which is a bit harder in cooler weather. Green living suggested trying UHT milk, and it saves the need to heat the milk. So I do this if I'm in a hurry or sometimes use ordinary milk and heat etc. It's also a bit bigger, so hopefully I might not have to make it quite as often !

Does anyone else use an electric yoghurt maker ? 

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 03, 2013, 06:22:34 pm »
Debbie a few members have electric yoghurt makers here is a thread about it.
Electric Yoghurt maker question
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Thermokitchen

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 20, 2013, 01:38:29 pm »
Well if it's the best I'd better give it a go  ;D

I think I'll try it with vanilla.