Author Topic: Adzuki Stew: typo in gluten free cookbook - cook it for 45m not 10m!  (Read 3717 times)

Offline bingggo

• View Profile
This recipe starts with cooking soaked adzuki beans for only 10m, then adding vegetables and cooking for another 20m. The beans were nowhere near cooked.

I should have known better - and when checking the other cookbooks general legume guide, it's clear you would need to cook the adzuki for 40-50m first!

Cheerio,
B

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks for that advice binggo.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Online Cuilidh

• View Profile
This was about the first meal I cooked in my TMX and I followed it to the letter - needless to say I haven't cooked it since, simply because of the undercooked beans.  I really should have known better, but back then I trusted the TMX cookbooks to know what they were saying and didn't know about this forum either.  If I remember correctly, it also has kombu in it but doesn't tell you to remove it at any stage so I ended up with seaweed tasting bean stew. YEUCH!!!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Thanks for the advice especially as I have a packet of adzuki beans in the pantry that I wanted to use up and I saw this recipe in the GF cookbook - funny I haven't tried it yet as I have done most of the GF cookbook so far- maybe this one didn't appeal to me straight away.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein