Author Topic: Rotochef is back  (Read 4699 times)

Offline Rotorchef

• This thing chops and slices too.....
    • View Profile
Rotochef is back
« on: May 16, 2016, 10:23:14 am »
Taaaaddddaaaaaaa..........Yep he's back!

After an enforced absence mainly due to study, marriage, workload (yep got a job) and general tardiness I thought I had better make an appearance on this most helpful of forums.

Can I just say in my defence that whilst I haven't been posting I have been a prolific 'lurker'. I still find this forum a source of huge direction, help and more often than not inspiration as to "what are we doing for dinner tonight"

Well, where to start?

The wife and I have managed to see out our first year of wedded bliss, no seriously it has been FANTASTIC. I really am the 'lucky one'. She is quite literally the best thing to have happened to me  ;D. Neither of us can believe that our first year has come and gone with such speed. I guess it is very true that "Time waits for no man" or should that be person in this PC world? Either way you get the point.

We have been lucky in so far as I have managed to get employment in my chosen new career - no it isn't as well paid as what I could earn if I chose to don a suit and return to the city but then I wouldn't be able to play in helicopters in the most amazing part of SE Queensland - STUNNING part of the world! All said and done, we aren't doing it so tough if honest. We have a great place in a really convenient and central part of Brissy (next to the Storey Bridge) and we have a Thermomix so all things considered.....WINNING!

We have had multiple visits from friends and family. I am convinced that they come up for the weather and the great meals that the wife and I concoct from the TMX / BBQ or a combination of both - well, there are always empty plates and practically nothing left over for me to take to work the next day so it can't be that bad........right? In fact, we have been visited most recently by both sides of the family. Mine have literally just returned to the UK and we were lucky enough to have MiL up at the same time. I am incredibly lucky as I actually get on with and indeed like my MiL (rather fond of actually!!!) and it would appear as though she doesn't mind me either (pheeeewwww!!) We had a fantastic Anzac weekend whereby I managed to drag the entire tribe out to dawn service ahead of me marching through the city. I have to say you guys and girls (Aussies) certainly do Anzac day very (VERY!!!!!) well. I must admit I think it gets a better attendance / turn out than Remembrance Day (not easy for me to admit!  :-[ ).

Anyway, I digress. I guess I should post pictures like I promised.....all that time ago.

For those interested, we were incredibly fortunate in so far as MiL has a house on the NSW S Coast and we got married there. When I say it is on the beach I do mean it is on the beach......with the exception of some grass, a few trees and the obligatory sand there is NOTHING else. Very Very lucky indeed (for us).

Hope you are all well and apologies again for being so absent!

TTFN

RC (and Mrs)
Remember - the little blade at the rear goes really fast and makes a big mess. Stay away from it!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Rotochef is back
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 10:57:27 am »
We've had a few 'oldies' pop back onto the forum lately Rotorchef so when I read your post I must say I wasn't at all surprised to see you rejoin us as well.  Better late than never as the saying goes and thanks for bringing us up to date  with what's been happening in your life and for sharing your wedding photo with us - you both look gorgeous, well maybe Mrs RC looks gorgeous and you look handsome LOL.

Good to hear the family has been out for a visit and that all your friends are still enjoying your cooking. Life for you sounds good to me, may it continue to be so.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 11:29:08 am »
Isn't it strange, I was just thinking about you a few days ago ... and here you (& Mrs RC) are.  Great to hear from you again and see your photos.  Looking forward to hearing more from you now that you are starting to settle down after a wonderful year.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 01:14:42 pm »
How lovely to see your wedding photos and hear from you RC. Welcome back to you and Mrs RC.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 01:15:25 pm »
Good to have you back Rotorchef.
A stunning photo of you and your beautiful wife.We look forward to hearing more from you.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 01:16:07 pm »
Ha ha , hello everyone, I haven't been on for ages either, just saw the "Rotochef is back ".  Thinking to myself oh that machine I remember that,  so Ha Ha sorry about that , good to hear everything is great, nice photos.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 10:27:05 pm »
So happy to see you back Rotochef. You certainly are. Lucky fellow. Very fortunate to get a job in your chosen field,  a gorgeous wife and a great mother in law. You have had a good year.

I too am a bit slack with not much cooking going on and like you I have become a lurker who loves to nose about and see what others are up to.

Glad to see you back and thanks for the "catch up".

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 05:00:11 am »
Nice to have you back Rotochef and thanks for the lovely wedding photos.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 04:56:06 am »
Welcome back rotorchef, I had noticed your absence too  ;)
The wedding photos look amazing!  :-*
:D

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 09:44:45 am »
Welcome back Mr & Mrs RC.  Love your wedding photo's