Author Topic: Mince Meat Curry  (Read 101307 times)

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: Mince Meat Curry
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2010, 02:17:19 am »
I wonder if we could come up with a step by step guide for posting photos.  Perhaps like Thermomixer did with the web links - I know that really helped me.
 :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2010, 02:51:18 am »
It would have to be really simple Chelsea.  I couldn't follow the directions already on the forum.  All I know how to do at this stage is to take the photo & plug the camera into the computer to bring up the photo. Even then I haven't done it enough to really know what I am doing and am just fluking it at the moment I think.  From there I have been able to email photos to people and save them onto the computer but that is it.  I don't understand all the computer terms so it would have to be so simple for dummies like me. I even went back to that mince curry photo and decided to name it but then everything that was in that particular folder that went into my pictures file on that day, ended up with the title of mince curry and I then couldn't work out how to remove it.   :P :P :P  It's not that important I get it right as most other people have been posting pictures when they do these recipes - all I need is for one of the family to have the time to spend here (without children preferably) to teach me.  It is so hard with them around to concentrate on anything, especially with a 2 year old hanging off your leg wanting your attention and a 5 year old wanting to take you outside to play games too.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2010, 03:32:35 am »
For months I had a piece of paper that I had printed off about how to download pics on to this website. It looked very difficult and off putting, especially mentioning stuff about Photobucket.

For dummies like me - ignore Photobucket.

Download your pics from the camera into a file eg. My Pictures
Create another file where you can put all your food photo's eg. Thermomix
When you download your photo's pop them in this file, and you can rename those pics that you want to upload eg. Date Slice
When it comes to downloading, do what you would normally do in this text section here, and then you will see directly under this text box --- Additional Options, click on this. Click on the Browse button where you have the Attach, and by clicking on your files where you have saved the pic (eg. My Pictures, Thermomix, Date Slice) until your desired file name appears.
Then voila! press Post.

Don't wait for someone to help you, just try and do it yourself because it really is easy
  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2010, 03:56:29 am »
Thanks a lot CP63, have printed it off and will study it when I have time.  Have a busy weekend with DD2's 40th today and Mothers' Day so I need the house to get back to normal before I tackle this. I will let you know how I go.

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2010, 04:59:28 am »
If you can save your photos from your camera into a file then you are already well on the way JD.  CP's instructions are very good, but I think we could probably break them down a bit more.  Let us know how you go when you have a spare moment.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2010, 01:57:49 pm »
For months I had a piece of paper that I had printed off about how to download pics on to this website. It looked very difficult and off putting, especially mentioning stuff about Photobucket.

For dummies like me - ignore Photobucket.

Download your pics from the camera into a file eg. My Pictures
Create another file where you can put all your food photo's eg. Thermomix
When you download your photo's pop them in this file, and you can rename those pics that you want to upload eg. Date Slice
When it comes to downloading, do what you would normally do in this text section here, and then you will see directly under this text box --- Additional Options, click on this. Click on the Browse button where you have the Attach, and by clicking on your files where you have saved the pic (eg. My Pictures, Thermomix, Date Slice) until your desired file name appears.
Then voila! press Post.

Don't wait for someone to help you, just try and do it yourself because it really is easy
  ;D

CP, I have tried to post a picture of my meat pie tonight but when I finally thought I was getting somewhere, I was told the photo was too big.  I can find no way to make it smaller. I think I will give up.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2010, 03:57:46 am »
oh...now I encountered that problem, and because I am not good on the computer the only way that I know to downsize it was to email it to myself. (it then asks if you want to make the picture size smaller and you choose 'yes') Then save it with a name in the file where you are putting it. Then that will be the photo that you Browse for. (There is probably a simpler way, but thats how I got around that).

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2010, 06:27:39 am »
I think there is probably a very easy way, but this is what I do.

I open the folder where the photo is currently saved (can even be your camera folder).
I right click on the photo and a menu appears.
I click on the "open with" option.
I then click on the "paint" option and it will open in the paint program (don't worry if it is huge).
I then click on the "image" menu at the top.
I click on the stretch and skew option in the image menu.
In stretch and skew I change the stretch settings to 25% and 25% (and leave the other settings).
I then click on the file menu and click on the "save as" option.
I type a new name for my smaller sized photo.
I find the folder where I want to save my resized photo in the drop down menu (I use "my pictures" folder)
I click on save and then close the paint program.
The smaller sized photo will be saved in the folder I selected and will open in almost every application (not just paint).

It sounds complicated but that's just because I have put in all of the steps (I hope). Hope this helps. :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2010, 06:45:50 am »
Thanks Chelsea, I am about to give it a go  :P :P :P

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2010, 07:03:08 am »
You are not going to believe this guys BUT I DID IT  :o :o :o :o  Thanks so much CP63 & Chelsea .  Check out my picture (in the review section) of my potato topped meat pie.

Chelsea I got down to 'I type a new name for my smaller sized photo' and got lost from there because I couldn't see anywhere to follow the instructions so, knowing that I had probably successfully succeeded in resizing it, I then reverted to what I had been trying to do with CP63's instructions (knew from that part off the top of my head as I had tried it so many times) and voila, there it was.

You should have seen the excitement and I can't get the smile off my face.  Hopefully it will work again next time I try to post something.  Love you guys  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2010, 07:06:53 am »
WaHooooooooooooo!!!

Its a real thrill isn't it when you learn something new like that - good on you Judy  ;D look forward now to seeing all those scrummy recipes that you are always so busy converting

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2010, 07:29:02 am »
DH has just come to the computer to see what all the excitement was about and he was really pleased for me. I will have to start taking photos of everything now, never used to bother much as I knew I couldn't put them on anyway.  I have a few of rolls, bagels etc but we have all seen how good they look from others so no need to show mine at this stage.   I have the perfect setting for taking photos which is under the skylight in the dining area of the kitchen and as we normally have the main meal for lunch in this house, lighting is not going to be a problem and I can have a photo taken in no time at all.  Good thing I asked the girls to buy DH a digital camera last year for his 60th  :-)) :-)) :-)) ;D ;D ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2010, 08:14:11 am »
Oh well done JD.  What a great achievement!!!  Learning new things is so exciting.  ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2010, 09:32:35 am »
I was just thinking about when I first learnt to reduce photo sizes JD.  It was the day we united with our beautiful son in Ethiopia and I desperately wanted to email a photo to my parents while our little man was having a nap.  Internet was a bit tricky during that stay in Ethiopia and it cut out every two or three minutes and had to be reconnected.  I had to learn how to reduce the size of the photo so that it was tiny enough to attach and send in a two minute timeframe.  My parents didn't get any writing with that email but the precious photo of their first grandchild sure made up for it!  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2010, 09:40:32 am »
You did so well to manage that Chelsea and your parents would have been thrilled to receive it too. Just how you managed to work it out though is beyond me.  The things you had me clicking on, I had no idea what they were or no idea why I was doing what you instructed until I got down to reducing percentages and it all started to look a bit clearer then.  I hope others will now try posting their photos if they have been in the same boat as me.  Chookie, where are you  ;D ;D ;D