Author Topic: Greenie's Avocado Soup  (Read 11247 times)

Offline greenie

• View Profile
Greenie's Avocado Soup
« on: March 07, 2009, 07:24:23 am »
This recipe is adapted from 'You are what you eat' cookbook by Gillian McKeith.  I am completely addicted to it!

Name of Recipe:Raw avocado soup
Number of People:meant to serve 4
Ingredients:
1 large or 2 med ripe avocados
v. small clove garlic (optional)
Juice of 1 med cucumber or 2 small (larger cucs will produce a more bitter taste) (you will need to juice this in a geared juicer, rather than centrifugal ones that are common... the alternative is to add the whole cuc to the mix and blend in the TM, but you will need to add some more liquid as it will be quite thick
Juice of 1 lemon
Large handful of mint, hard stalks removed

Salsa topping - small bunch garlic chives, finely chopped, plus 1/2 red capsicum (bell pepper), finely diced and 1/2 yellow capsicum (bell pepper)

Preparation:
-Add avocado, cuc juice, lemon juice, mint and garlic.  Blend on speed 8 for 1 min.  If using whole cucumbers, blend for up to 2 mins.  You can add ice if you wish (I don't)
-scoop into 4 small bowls
-mix salsa ingredients together and divide evenly among bowls as a colourful, crunchy topping

Photos:

Tips/Hints:

[/quote]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 12:55:45 pm by greenie »

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: raw recipes
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 08:59:05 am »
oh yum, that's what we needed a month ago! you should try the gazpacho on here, it's delicious!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog