Author Topic: Tuna Dog Snack / treat  (Read 10100 times)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
Tuna Dog Snack / treat
« on: December 30, 2008, 05:36:47 pm »
Name of Recipe: Tuna Dog Treat
Number of Dogs: Lots
Ingredients: 
250 g flour
120 g ripe banana in pieces
120 g apple (peel & pips), in pieces
380 g tuna fish in own juice (tin)
25 g safflower oil

Preparation:
    * All ingredients in TM for 20 Sec./Speed 5 to mix into a dough.
    * Smooth the dough onto a baking paper lined tray with a spatula
    * Bake in oven for 20 Min. at 160°
    *Remove from oven and with a knife / pizza wheel cut first into strips, and then into cubes
    * Bake again for  70 Min. at 160°
    * Leave to cool completely (several hours), then store in airtight container

Note: ovens / tray sizes are not all the same - to store the treats for a long time it is necessary that the biscuits are fully dry after they are fully cool.  If not, then bake them again, and increase the baking time in future

Photos:

Tips/Hints:  This recipe is taken from http://www.virusculinarius.de/forum/showthread.php?t=870 and was posted by Andrea.  I've translated it into English.  In the original version, spelt grains were used, and milled into flour.  I have simply put 'flour', and missed out the milling part.  Naturally, spelt would have a higher nutritional value.

Andrea had also posted a recipe which used all banana rather than half banana, half apple, and with 500g minced beef rather than 380g tuna.  Otherwise, everything is the same.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 05:39:34 pm by CarolineW »
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!