Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037517 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #21345 on: February 22, 2018, 09:35:42 pm »
That’s unbelievable Chookie, obviously it was common knowledge you were going to be away. I don’t know how anyone could be so brazen, it would have taken some time to pick all the peaches.  Good luck with the security gate probability.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #21346 on: February 22, 2018, 10:39:39 pm »
Not good news Mab. As my Physio says, these things happen when we grow up. Don't know if this helps but my father had both knees replaced and it was a huge success. He went from being barely able to walk to going for a jog most days. When he was in his 90s, his daily jog was only about 100 metres but he was still very active.

Djinni, I hope I am as active as your dad if and when I reach that age. :) :)   I still manage to get around ok but know it will need doing eventually.

Unfortunately DS1 had his knee replaced a few months ago without a lot of success. He got an infection in the wound and also had to go back and have the scarring cut.  He needs the other knee done and is a bit reluctant to do it.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #21347 on: February 23, 2018, 12:12:27 am »
Achookwoman, hope you get that gate in fast, did you report it.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21348 on: February 23, 2018, 04:23:02 am »
Judy, very brazen.  Only one neighbor knew we were away.  He didn’t tell them or anyone. They apparently knocked on the door first.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21349 on: February 23, 2018, 09:07:22 am »
I don’t know how they could do it Chookie, be ready for them next year!!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21350 on: February 23, 2018, 11:53:14 am »
Chookie what lousy people to come and do that.
Gayle your father sounds amazing. Good on him.

Margaret I feel for your son. I've only known 2 people have knee replacements. One wrecked it by going paint balling before he should have and the other is round 83 and has both done and things went well.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21351 on: February 23, 2018, 04:07:27 pm »
I really feel like making Cinnamon Rolls.  Hope I can find the time between all that is going on.
We have a man coming to advise about fitting Solar powered security gates. Long story short, when we were away at Barwon Heads someone came and stripped ALL the peaches from our tree. Neighbour saw the car and we think it was the previous owners.
What terrible thing to happen Chookie. Some people have no conscious these days.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #21352 on: February 23, 2018, 07:28:26 pm »
That's terrible, Chookie - knowing who did it and their circumstances must be really upsetting for you.  At least when all our fruit gets stripped off the trees we know it was the birds and that is acceptable (barely!), but the previous owners doing it is truly horrible.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21353 on: February 24, 2018, 12:51:11 pm »
Tonight I decided to go through my TMX recipe box which is jam packed full of mostly laminated recipes.  I thought a good culling would be in order but boy is it going to be a long job!  Tonight I’ve only done the beef section, I obviously used to cook a lot more beef meals in the early days. I found each recipe on the forum, checked the reviews and from 44 recipes I only threw 1 out.

Now that I’ve made a start on this long overdue job I will have to try and do a section each night. It will take me at least a month but it was fun tonight, we tend to forget what great recipes we have on our forum until we do something like this.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21354 on: February 24, 2018, 01:39:04 pm »
A task and a half ahead for you Judy sorting out your recipes.  I agree with you there are fabulous recipes here on the Forum.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21355 on: February 24, 2018, 08:58:22 pm »
A task and a half ahead for you Judy sorting out your recipes.  I agree with you there are fabulous recipes here on the Forum.
This is what I must do.  I even forget what is on my Blog.
Big day today. GD playing Bagpipes at Ballarat Highland gathering. This afternoon going to an Invermay community get together. This event raises money for the local Fire Brigade.  Glad it will be cool.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #21356 on: February 24, 2018, 10:57:09 pm »
Tonight I decided to go through my TMX recipe box which is jam packed full of mostly laminated recipes.  I thought a good culling would be in order but boy is it going to be a long job!  Tonight I’ve only done the beef section, I obviously used to cook a lot more beef meals in the early days. I found each recipe on the forum, checked the reviews and from 44 recipes I only threw 1 out.

Now that I’ve made a start on this long overdue job I will have to try and do a section each night. It will take me at least a month but it was fun tonight, we tend to forget what great recipes we have on our forum until we do something like this.

Judy, I have six TMX folders and each one has three or four sections. Meat, chicken, fish in one.  Soup, salads, quiches in another.  Rice, pasta, vegetables  etc etc.   Every so often I go through and might throw one or two out and then I find something I like and put that in. :-)) :-))       
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21357 on: February 25, 2018, 05:33:31 am »
I understand completely Margaret, it’s a problem most of us have.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #21358 on: February 25, 2018, 07:23:01 am »
I'm glad it's not just me with the problem of trying to cull recipes Mab and Judy  ;D  I also have considerable trouble culling cookbooks  :P
It's been raining all day here so I've been trying to declutter (not my strong point) and doing some cooking. Thank goodness the hot weather has gone for a little while.
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21359 on: February 25, 2018, 11:49:16 am »
Had a fun day today.  DD came for breakfast.  We then went and watched GD playing the Bagpipes.  We then went to the Invermay community get together.  It was a fund raiser for the local fire brigade. On the leaflet that was put in letter box, it said they would be having an auction.   I popped 4 jars of jam in my basket. I thought they might add them to something else.  Most of the lots auctioned were wines. At the end, to my embarrassment , they auctioned each jar separately. They raised $58. There were over 300 people at the gathering.