Author Topic: I know I shouldn't say this but I am going to anyway....  (Read 32318 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I know I shouldn't say this but I am going to anyway....
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2013, 07:24:07 am »
Welcome Meggik. What a sensible person you sound. Very wise to go with a thermofake until you can afford a thermomix.  I'm sure after having used a thermomix you will get the very best out of your machine. I'll look forward to hearing how it goes.
I hope your health Improves with the healthy foods you can make.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2013, 09:22:20 am »
Welcome to the forum Meggik.Have fun with your Kuchef and I look forward to your comparison. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: I know I shouldn't say this but I am going to anyway....
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2013, 09:55:26 am »
Congratulations on your purchase! Can't wait to hear how the kuchef goes :) I think it is about time a good thermo fake comes into the market, let's hope Aldi have it right! Do you think they will be in stock regularly?
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2013, 10:32:59 am »
What a lovely post meggik. I applaud your honesty and can't wait yo hear your reviews. Welcome to the forum and happy cooking.

Offline Emily Mum of 4

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2013, 02:08:26 pm »
Hi, I bought a Kuchef on behalf of my friends the other day, she is so intrigued by the TMX but I know just won't bite the bullet and buy one, so this is a good starter to see if she would use it.
I told her to not treat it like it's a TMX and she should be fine. Don't overload, follow instructions carefully (incidentally, the recipes allow for cool down stirring to prevent burning).
So far she's keeping it simple with drinks but I'm sure it won't be long until she experiments.
Her Kuchef didn't come with the spatula though...

Offline thermobon

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2013, 11:46:55 am »
Hi im Bonnie im a new member here, i have just purchased a "thermocook" ( ALDI ), wanting to see how much use i get out of it before i drain the bank accounts with a TM purchase. Im new to thermo cooking as well, ive always cooked very basic meat an veg for my family so im excited to see what creactions i can manage with the TC.
hope to meet some friendly ppl in the forum that wont mind sharing tips and tricks in the cooking department. 
thanks 
You are what you eat

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2013, 01:27:57 pm »
Welcome to the forum Bonnie.I wish you success in your Aldi Thermocook.It will be interesting to hear whether you will be persuaded to by a Thermomix in a few months time. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2013, 01:47:21 pm »
Hi Bonnie, have you made anything in your machine yet?  I read somewhere that the recipe book is not the greatest, number wise so hopefully you can find some recipes here which would be suitable.  Remember they are designed for the Thermomix though so you may need to adjust speeds etc.  Happy cooking.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2013, 07:54:11 pm »
Welcome to the forum Bonnie. Hope you love cooking with Kuchef and find plenty of recipes to convert.
Do let us know how you get on.  :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2013, 09:38:06 pm »
Hi Bonnie and welcome, let us know how it goes.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2013, 07:55:56 am »
Hello and welcome Bonnie. I'm sure you will get a lot of use from your machine. Let us know how things go as I am sure we are all curious.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

stacelee

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2013, 10:03:49 am »
My sister and mother both bought one from Aldi.  I'm going over to have a play tomorrow.  With a three year warranty it's hard to see how they will go too wrong with the purchase.  My mother does not cook very much so really couldn't justify a thermomix.  I'll have a play with some of the basic things I usually make and see how it all goes.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2013, 10:48:48 am »
That'd be great Stacelee, will be great to hear what you think.
I agree, with a three year warranty you can't go wrong :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2013, 10:19:32 pm »
I hope they have success Stace...the reviews I have read so far have not been favourable unfortunately.
Like the first release of Bellini, the kuchef seems to have a common problem with burning on 3 spots on the jug.
A few have mentioned returning them and getting the newer model bellini.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline emer

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2013, 10:15:31 am »
Hi, I'm new to this forum but just bought the Aldi Ku Chef. I've never used a thermo mixer, they are out of my price range at the moment so the Ku Chef seemed like a good alternative.

So Far... The recipe book isn't great, especially for first time thermo mixer user. They do include a DVD instruction disc which shows how to make a curry (probably the easiest thing to do).

I've made rice pudding, smoothies, curries, healthy chocolate balls, lots of baby food, boiled vegetables & pasta and made bread from scratch. I haven't managed to get the steamer to work properly yet, there are a lot of bits to it and I haven't had the patience. I have had the three burned spots when making the rice and curry but they were small and washed off easily, it didn't happen every time so I need to play around with it to see what I'm doing wrong. The bread was really easy to make, that surprised me. I want to make pasta & pizza dough next. 

I need to experiment with more recipes. I tend to burn things when I cook so I was hoping this ku chef will help me to become a great cook. I'll keep you posted!