Author Topic: Choc fudgy wudgy cookies  (Read 43876 times)

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
Choc fudgy wudgy cookies
« on: January 25, 2009, 06:50:25 am »
Everytime I make these they are gone within minutes!!

125g butter, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
275g firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
150g plain flour
35g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
35g cocoa powder
85g raisins
100g macadamia nuts, toasted, chopped coarsely
95g dark Choc Bits
75g dark chocolate Melts

Place choc melts into TM bowl, turn the dial to close lid position and pulse once for 2 seconds using the turbo button.  
Add macadamias and pulse a further 2 times. Tip into a bowl and set aside. (Should still be quite chunky)
Without washing the bowl, combine butter, vanilla, sugar and egg on speed 4 for 20 sec or until smooth.
Add flours, bicarb soda and cocoa and mix on speed 4 until combined. As the mixture thickens you may need to increase the speed or use the spatula to assist incorperation.
Stir through remaining ingredients on reverse-speed 4 until well mixed. Again using spatula if needed.
Place tablespoonfuls of mixture onto a tray and bake for 8-10 min at 180ºC.  Allow to cool for 5 min on the tray to set.

Tips: For fudgy cookies cook for 8 min. Cookies will be soft when removed from the oven but will harden as they cool. For crunchy cookies cook for 10 min.

I use raw macadamias most of the time. Just give them less chopping. My kids aren't keen on raisins or sultanas so I leave them out!
Either way they are divine!

They do spread and flatten out. I always make the mistake of not leaving enough room so end up with some joined together.

Members' comments
Amanda - I just made these - or a rough approximation.  I didn't have any chocolate melts so I just used more choc chips and I didn't realise that my macadamias weren't toasted so I ended up with part macadamia meal, part chunks.  I didn't have any raisins or sultanas either so I missed out on them. Nevertheless, these are DIVINE and the kids love them! Thanks so much - will be doing these again and again.

Cookie1 - I didn't have macadamias so used almonds. Made the second batch today. They all disappeared yesterday (with a little help from some visitors). DH just had to have some for car club tomorrow! These are one of our favourite biscuits.
For my next batch I made a couple of alterations - I left out the cocoa and added an extra 35g of plain flour to make up for it. I reduced the sugar to 200g and used dark muscavado sugar to add flavour.

wombleydoo - I made these yesterday. Everyone seemed to really love them (I also made clinker slice, so there was some competition LOL).

CP - 10/10   We did 3 styles: balls of mixture unflattened, balls of mixture slightly flattened with a fork, and balls of mixture flattened down more with a fork. The best looking biscuits were those that were flattened down a little bit more with a fork before going in the oven - and looked very much like a yummy biscuit that you would see in a cafe, whereas the others were smaller and had rounded tummies (like me).
These biscuits are sensational! I have had to hide half before the tribe comes and devours them while I'm not looking. (Made 40 decent sized biccies). Have made a pencil note to maybe not Turbo the toasted macadamias,  as after one Turbo they were just about all meal...maybe Speed 5 for a couple of seconds, check TM bowl, and repeat if necessary. No need  to flatten the balls with a fork, as they flatten when brought out of the oven. 9.5/10

mama bel - I altered the recipe a little to suit our preferences and it was YUMMO.  Everyone agreed of course!  Here's our version:

125g butter, chopped
2 tsp vanilla extract (homemade - vanilla beans in brandy)
275g rapadura sugar
1 egg
185g flour (I used spelt today)
1.5 tsp bicarb soda
40g organic cocoa powder
90g organic sultanas
100g organic cashews, raw
180g dark chocolate (couveture - bulk bought with rapadura, cocoa, cocoa butter and lecithin as only ingredients)

My 13 year old made these without assistance yesterday.  Delish!  This recipe is a keeper.

Carrie - Omigods yum. This recipe is sooooo yummy.

faffa 70 - These would have to be one of the yummiest around.

Meagan - Made these tonight after the kids went to bed. Shocker day and I needed something chocolatey - certainly hit the spot!!! Delicious, had to put them away otherwise dh and I may have eaten them all in one sitting lol.

Lady Ding - Loved this so much that I had to make another batch today. Everyone at home loves it! First time I made this, I used almonds. Today I used macadamia. Thanks so much!  

dede - we make these regularly as well, although I leave the nuts out so the kids can take them to school (Nut free), but they are even nicer with the nuts left in.

Frozzie - Oh these are very yummy and dh gave the big thumbs up and requested i make more immediately lol. I have never seen him down biscuits like that before.. I used 15 for hampers and the rest he ate in a couple of hours!!  At first ds turned up his nose as has nuts in them but when he saw his father eating them in all delight he had to try them then the fight was on .... think they will be a regular in our house or it could get dangerous ha ha!! Thanks for the recipe.

Lilli33 - Awesome... Did this today with dd7 and added craisons instead and did the Maccas quite fine (cause she didn't want them in, plus the end of the white choc buds... Delicious. Put 1/3 in the freezer for Ron and cooked, 2/3, but somehow I think it will be out 'Before too Long'....

Lellyj - These are delicious.  Thanks.

Honey Joy - I had them made in a jiffy! Left out the nuts and sultanas (fruit and nuts too healthy for DH in a chocolate biscuit apparently) and they were still fantastic and really fixed the chocolate craving. I used a combo of brown and raw because I didn't have enough brown sugar in the pantry and the biscuits worked out fine -more than fine actually!

KarenH - Made these yesterday - OMG - beautiful!  Hard to stop at one  (handful!).

Bedlam - Omg, now I know what everyone is saying about these biccies. Too nice for words. Even uncooked they are too tempting and as with most TMX recipes so quick to make.  Thank you.

Rara1 - Miss 10 made these today....OMG. These are delicious. Ate 3 while they were cooling down.

Wonder - I make these all the time but substitute the raisins and nuts for extra choc bits normally using a mix of white and dark. I'm not a biscuit eater but everyone who has tried these just loves them.

ES - I can't believe I haven't made these before! These are delicious. I did reduce the sugar quite a lot - I only used 175g and they were plenty sweet enough for me. I made mine crispy, but next time I will cook them less and make them more fudgy wudgy.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:54:12 am by judydawn »
Sheree
Tupperware and Thermomix Consultant.
www.thermotalk.webs.com

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Choc fudgy wudgy cookies
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 11:48:00 am »
These look lovely and the type of thing my family love. I will make them tomorrow.  You've certainly been busy with the recipes. Thanks.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 01:41:24 am »
I just made these - or a rough approximation.  I didn't have any chocolate melts so I just used more choc chips and I didn't realise that my macadamias weren't toasted so I ended up with part macadamia meal, part chunks.  I didn't have any raisins or sultanas either so I missed out on them.
Nevertheless, these are DIVINE and the kids love them!
Thanks so much - will be doing these again and again.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 03:54:20 am »
I use raw macadamias most of the time. Just give them less chopping. My kids arnt keen of raisins or sultanas so i leave them out!
Either way they are divine!
Sheree
www.thermotalk.webs.com

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 08:04:41 am »
Mine are in the oven at the moment.  The raw mix was yum. DH will take some to car club and then they will be "all gone!"
I didn't have macadamias so used almonds.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 01:41:28 am »
Looks like an instant hit - great work  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 02:26:39 am »
I'd love to give them a whirl....  still dealing with the intervention  :'(

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 04:27:17 am »
LOL - my other half is so glad to have me cook desserts in the TMX.  I rarely made any before that - I don't really eat them  ;D ;D ;D

So, when I decided to try some dessert recipes in the TMX she was very supportive.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 07:48:06 am »
Made the second batch today.  They all disappeared yesterday (with a little help from some visitors). DH just had to have some for car club tomorrow! ::)

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 12:29:14 am »
Pathetic pleas for more of these from my kids today, but with the temp supposed to be 41C again their chances are very slim indeed!
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 03:10:32 am »
We're looking at 3 or 4 days in the high 30's or low 40's -  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Maybe chocolate fudgy wudgy ice creams would be better.
Thermomixer in Australia

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 05:56:35 am »
I'm going to have a go at the icecream in the calendar in the next few days.
Feel sorry for all of you having those 40+ temperatures. It isn't overly hot here today only about 31 or 32 but it is very humid and this is one Perthite who doesn't like the humidity.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 06:01:15 am »
I made the icecream after xmas and it was just divine.  There have been recent requests for it again!
I found that it seemed to take quite a long time to freeze the first time around - I think I ended up leaving it overnight, but it was lovely.
Good luck!

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 05:17:50 am »
I made these yesterday. Everyone seemed to really love them (I also made clinker slice, so there was some competition LOL). I was kind of expecting them to be quite high. Are they supposed to go flat?
Cathy
Living the QLD life with DH and 4 kids.

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 12:41:31 pm »
Yeah they do spread and flatten out. I always make the mistake of not leaving enough room so end up with some joined together.
Sheree
www.thermotalk.webs.com