Author Topic: Oat Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie  (Read 27506 times)

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
Oat Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie
« on: February 10, 2017, 10:00:42 am »
Hi everyone

I'd like to share with you guys our "Plan B" breakfast today.
We usually prepare our breakfast the night before.. We often have Mixed Berry Overnight Oats for breakfast.
However, If, for some reason, we skipped preparing our breakfast the night before, our darling Thermomix comes in our aid and we prepare this smoothie in the morning.
It is a sweet and fresh way to start our day, mostly in summer.

I hope you enjoy it. ;)

Ingredients (for 2):
50 g oats
20 g flax seeds
10 g chia seeds
120 g frozen bananas
50 g pomegranate juice (100% fruit, sugar-free)*
50 g frozen or fresh blueberries
10 g raisins
10 g goji berries
20 g walnuts
1/2 tsp cinnamon
300 g organic sugar-free soy milk or almond milk

Topping:
60 g frozen or fresh blueberries

* We use pomegranate juice ice cubes to be exact. We are lucky enough to have some friends around who have pomegranate trees in their gardens, we are given many when they are in season. We first juice them and then freeze pomegranate juice as ice cubes and store in the freezer for future use.

Preparation:

Place oats, chia and flaxseeds in TM Bowl and pulverize for 10 seconds on Speed 10.

Add the remaining smoothie ingredients and blend until smooth for about 30 - 40 seconds, gradually increasing the speed to 9.

Transfer into bowls.

Decorate with blueberries and serve.

Enjoy...

Photos: http://bitkiselcafe.blogspot.it/2017/02/oat-blueberry-breakfast-smoothie.html

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Oat Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 11:52:40 am »
It's a beautiful colour Farfallina and looks very healthy. You are very lucky to have friends that have pomegranate trees in their garden.I've never seen them growing on trees.My only contact with them are buying them from the supermarket.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 02:30:54 pm »
Hi Farfallina,

Thank you for all your recipes. Just wanted to say that the new photos of the recipes are fantastic.

Have a great weekend

MM

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 03:33:54 pm »
@CC... It is a very pretty tree with small leaves and big fruits. Unfortunately it loses all its leaves in the winter and becomes completely naked. Next time pomegranates are in season I take some photos and share with you Denise  ;)
I don't know why but here it is a popular kind of tree even though most of the fruits go wasted unfortunately. People don't like it much. Probably because they are  less sweet than store-bought ones.

@MM... Thank you so much for noticing. I am trying to improve my photo skills. I am far from being a professional photographer but just trying to give my best shot.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 08:31:17 pm »
I look forward to the photos Farfallina. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 09:48:02 am »
I loved the photo of Stefano juicing the pomegranates. We had a tree when I was young. No one was interested in it as they weren't at all fashionable then.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 10:12:34 am »
Thanks for sharing these healthy recipes with us farfallina.  You've got me wanting to try pomegranates, the last one I had I was only a child and I can't remember what it tasted like but I know I didn't like it!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 02:07:03 pm »
@cookie, thank you so much...  I made Stefano work a lot those days:)

@judy, maybe you should try ripe and sweeter varieties.. You may enjoy them more. Depending on the variety and ripeness the taste changes a lot from sour to sweet. The ones we had were a little sour but they go great with our breakfast so no problem. It may be an acquired taste. If you end up with sour pomegranates you can always mix pom.juice with orange juice.