Author Topic: Poached Eggs - M5 The basic Australian Cookbook p84  (Read 2403 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Poached Eggs - M5 The basic Australian Cookbook p84
« on: August 12, 2015, 03:43:58 am »
I like to have an egg on toast most mornings, so I thought I would try poaching the conventional TM way. Waste of time boiling the water in the TM if you have a kettle, but would be ok if you had something to do in the meantime like have a shower etc. Next you have to oil the steaming basket which means getting the oil spray out of the pantry. Then you have to crack 2 eggs in X 2 containers. Then once you get the eggs out you have to drain them on a paper towel. Have a look in the bowl and there is so much egg white wrapped around the blades and hanging off the basket (that should be sitting on your piece of toast). Why do I mention all this - because its all extra stuff you have to wash up and deal with when you want a simple egg. 

I much prefer this Poached Egg recipe as its a lot quicker, less wastage and less washing up.
Linked CC
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:41:07 am by Cornish Cream »
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

*suzanne*

Re: Poached Eggs - M5 The basic Australian Cookbook p84
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 04:10:50 am »
One of the reasons I've never bothered seems like a lot of hard work for a poached egg.  I boil the kettle pour water into a bowl add egg put in microwave 35 seconds and it's done, no mess 1 bowl to wash too easy

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: Poached Eggs - M5 The basic Australian Cookbook p84
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 06:35:47 am »
suzanne I used to do eggs in the MW too, but I found when they are steamed in the TM they have more flavour.  most times I don't even wash the jug after cos its just had boiling water in, and I just leave it upside down to dry out (its amazing though how there can be lots of floaty things in the water which is the remains of food particles under the blades that have been loosened up  ;))
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand