Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7922865 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #33555 on: July 25, 2017, 06:21:53 am »
I've been peeking online and you are correct Gert. I need the 515GB wifi and 3G. DD has the pencil and it's neat.
The only thing I have to check is if I can transfer the $$ from my current SIM card to the new iPad as I have over $700 on it. I renew it every 12 months but don't use it all. It's useless at home as we have very poor coverage and I use wifi.
I'm going near an Apple store tomorrow so I will spend some time in there. THANKS Gert. 😄😄
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33556 on: July 25, 2017, 09:20:33 am »
Yes cookie. I have about $900 on my SIM card and use it on all my iPads. Just take it out and put it in the new one. No worries. I rotate my SIM card all the time. I can even use it on my phone if I want to use more data on it.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33557 on: July 25, 2017, 01:25:21 pm »
Thanks Gert. I appreciate your help.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #33558 on: July 25, 2017, 02:22:22 pm »
Thanks also from here Gert. Ral is looking at the Pro. We are going to Melb on Friday and they have a big Apple Store at Highpoint. Can he just keep the old one and start up a new one?

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33559 on: July 25, 2017, 04:32:37 pm »
Good morning everyone. Was just enjoying a cuppa when oldest grand-dog started barking at me, they'd just come in from outside so I couldn't work out for a while what he wanted, it was too early for our walk. Oops, I'd forgotten to put their breakfast out!
LOL Judy. Dogs live their food.

A sunny day here. Taking advantage of the dry weather and have done three loads of laundry.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33560 on: July 25, 2017, 11:29:18 pm »
Good morning everyone.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #33561 on: July 25, 2017, 11:37:19 pm »
Morning all.
Not so cold at the moment. Hope to spend some time in the garden today.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #33562 on: July 26, 2017, 01:19:39 am »
Thanks also from here Gert. Ral is looking at the Pro. We are going to Melb on Friday and they have a big Apple Store at Highpoint. Can he just keep the old one and start up a new one?

Yup. If he connects the old one to his computer and backs it up you can then connect the new iPad to computer and upload all the info from the old one. Probably Ral does not need 515GB so he could go lower. Personally I always go for top of the range "in case of" but Ral should definitely get the Pro and the pencil just for fun. When changing over  there are lots of questions so just ask in a normal "voice" Mrs Google and she will give you all the answers. Apple support and the Apple forums have a wealth of info and you can be sure there are millions asking the very same questions as you.

Wish I could be there to help. You two have an Apple Watch yet?  Cookie would love it too.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #33563 on: July 26, 2017, 02:05:18 am »
Thanks Gert, you are a very good friend and very knowledgable about the Apples. The Apple Care centre was trying to do the save through iCloud. I think there is a problem with the password. What you have suggested we will try. Hope I can find all the connection bits.
We would love to have you here but you would not cope with the cold. Looking forward to later , when it warm up.  Thanks again.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #33564 on: July 26, 2017, 05:16:47 am »
Good afternoon everyone.

I've had an early start this morning, had to be at Monash hospital at 8.00am for an Oesophageal Dilation to fix my problem.  DIL kindly took us down, we left at 5.45am because of peak hour traffic and made it with plenty of time to spare.  Now home taking it easy as instructed. :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33565 on: July 26, 2017, 05:26:17 am »
Good luck with that Margaret.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #33566 on: July 26, 2017, 09:02:50 am »
Mab, hope all went well.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33567 on: July 26, 2017, 01:53:51 pm »
Hi friends.
A rainy day here but I managed to walk Chance in the dry this morning.

I hope your procedure went well Margaret.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33568 on: July 26, 2017, 03:03:55 pm »
Take care of yourself Margaret.

I went to the Apple shop this morning and I've decided i will get a Pro, 256GB, with a pencil. I just need to go to dear old Telstra and get a nano sim the same number as the sim in my iPad. Thanks again Gert.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #33569 on: July 27, 2017, 01:14:04 am »
Oh yes your ipad would have the bigger SIM card. I forgot how ole  it was. They will swap it over with no loss of your money. The money is in the account not the ipad so you can use the SIM in multiple devices if needs be.

256 GB will be plenty for you. I just have to have the most or I feel insecure.LOL!

Thanks Gert, you are a very good friend and very knowledgable about the Apples. The Apple Care centre was trying to do the save through iCloud. I think there is a problem with the password. What you have suggested we will try. Hope I can find all the connection bits.
We would love to have you here but you would not cope with the cold. Looking forward to later , when it warm up.  Thanks again.

Chookie, Rals old charger cable might not work in your computer. Depends on the age of each as it is not the new lightening cable. You may have to use the icloud or sync by wifi only. Might be tricky on Rals iPad one. I would not stress too much as you will keep the old one with its all the stuff on it and be able to have a clean slate to work on. You won't loose any apps as you can just down load from the Apple store again. Be sure to get the pro with a pencil as you will love what it can do. There are lots of free apps for painting. If ya make an interesting bit of art you can take it to a shop to have it printed on canvas.

Gert