Author Topic: What are your favourite food blogs?  (Read 5072 times)

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
What are your favourite food blogs?
« on: October 11, 2013, 06:05:52 am »
Hi, just wondering what are your favourite food blogs? We quite often mention the TMX ones but there is hardly any mention of general food blogs. For example, Not quite Nigella.

What are some of your favourites?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are your favourite food blogs?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 06:24:23 am »
Dare I say I rarely look at food blogs? I seem to spend so much time on the forum. Then each day I check instagram and twitter and often comment on there. I do look at Helene's. I check Tenina's everyday as well as receive updates from her. I look at Trublutravelling each day.
I feel guilty if I spend too much time on the computer or ipad. Then there is that silly, stupid, idiotic game called Candy Crush which gets me in and I waste time. :-\ :-\
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 05:50:05 am »
Sorry I don't do food blogs much either. I love my cookbooks and have loads of them, the latest additions being Jamie Oliver's Save with Jamie and Ian Thorpe's Cook for Your Life. (Love both of these)
I spend most days working on a computer and most of my computer recreation time is spent on this forum  ;D.
Two blogs I like are Down to Earth and Make it Perfect's Recipe Monday
My current obsession (foodwise) is the local food movement and food security.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 06:04:22 am by djinni373 »
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Bonsai

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 02:21:53 pm »
I look at notquitenigella and lobstersquad plus hip pressure cooking. Sadly some other blogs seemed to have faded away.....

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 03:07:18 pm »
I love Quirky Jo's, naturalnewagemum, and heaps of others that I've forgotten the names of. I join them via Facebook, so keep up with new posts that way. I've got so many fab recipes from these blogs. I also love Cindi O'Meara's.
I do love Tenina's and Helene's.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 02:03:58 am »
I end up all over the place when browsing for something and find well over an hour later, I am still there or have gone off on a tangent to someone else's blog through a link.  No specific blogs that I spend a lot of time on though, not much food needed here nowadays and with plenty of recipe books from which to convert recipes plus almost every TMX recipe book available on my shelves, I sometimes wonder why my life seems to revolve around food so much  :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 05:58:17 am »
I used to follow heaps when I first got the iPad. I have since thinned them substantially. One I forgot that I follow is Foodlovers from NZ.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 06:35:44 am »
Ooh, that sounds interesting Cookie! Will check it out. After spending a few years in NZ, I have a soft heart for anything kiwi related!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 11:33:51 pm »
Sorry I don't do food blogs much either. I love my cookbooks and have loads of them, the latest additions being Jamie Oliver's Save with Jamie and Ian Thorpe's Cook for Your Life. (Love both of these)
I spend most days working on a computer and most of my computer recreation time is spent on this forum  ;D.
Two blogs I like are Down to Earth and Make it Perfect's Recipe Monday
My current obsession (foodwise) is the local food movement and food security.

Havent seen the new Jame book, is it must the same recipes re-hashed or all new?

Thx

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 12:11:14 am »
Have not got the book but enjoying the TV series. Am learning new ways of preserving food items and inspiring me to use and re-use others.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 04:14:11 am »
Hally I just bought the book has a lot of new things and also what to do with leftovers and lots of tips and hints

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 01:54:15 pm »
101 cookbooks, quirky Jo, clever cook, wholefood simply, nourished kitchen, witches kitchen are among mine. I use them a lot.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 08:30:02 pm »
I end up all over the place when browsing for something and find well over an hour later, I am still there or have gone off on a tangent to someone else's blog through a link.  No specific blogs that I spend a lot of time on though, not much food needed here nowadays and with plenty of recipe books from which to convert recipes plus almost every TMX recipe book available on my shelves, I sometimes wonder why my life seems to revolve around food so much  :-))

I'm pretty much the same as Judy.  I get pretty annoyed when they are full of ads.  People set them up with different things in mind.  I set mine up to just store my TMX recipes.  People have joined,  and that is oK but I don't respond.  Most TMX recipes that I put on my Blog I also post on the Forum. The talent behind the presentation is amazing.