Author Topic: Lemon CC versus Miracle Spray  (Read 29612 times)

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
Re: Lemon CC versus Miracle Spray
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 12:14:53 am »
Halex I do find my dishwasher is cleaner and smells nice.

I also did an empty quick wash with it and the dishwasher was sparkling clean.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 01:50:24 am »
After reading all this info,  I have started using the lemon goo in the dish washer.  Yesterday I did 3 loads , with just the goo as I have run out of the powder.  All very clean.  The only thing I noticed was that water remained on the plastic .  I am also a bit concerned about it going into our septic tank. 

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 02:00:14 am »
I hadnt even thought about our septic tank - good thought achookwoman. 

I was getting all excited about using the miracle spray on our newly installed granite kitchen benches, until the granite guy told us not to use anything acidic to clean natural stone ie vinegar or citrus-based cleaning sprays.  That is really annoying, because I assume the same would be true for our floor tiles, which are natural bluestone.  Has nyone used this spray to clean granite?

Has anyone used the miracle spray to clean wooden floorboards?  At least I could use it for that!!
Karen in Adelaide

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 05:19:13 am »
I've used it on floorboards, KarenH - works a treat. I just sprayed directly onto the really dirty spots then used water to mop up. Don't spray too much though, it gets a bit sudsy if you overdo it like I did!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 09:51:04 am »
DH thinks fine  for septic tank as only small quantities.  It is not bleach.

Bonsai

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 03:04:17 pm »
I have floorboards which have a veneer surface (bedroom) so I don't use anything except a damp mop. They dont get that dirty as its only DH and myself without shoes.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 03:17:26 pm »
Thanks DJ.  Will continue to use it.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 03:43:59 pm »
chookie, what would it do to a septic tank?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 10:14:38 pm »
Have googled it CP and washing soda and borax and bicarbonate all fine for septic tanks.
It is bleach and commercial drain unblocker, and paint and fat that is so bad for septic tanks.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:32:43 pm by Droverjess »

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2012, 10:16:03 pm »
DH sprayed the laundry floor then steam mopped last weekend. The dirt and grime from where the old dryer was was removed easily. Only problem is the floor is very slippery now.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, 02:33:33 am »
my dishes are better with the lemon concentrate...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2012, 06:49:14 am »
CP, our septic is a Taylex.  It has 4 compartments.  It process all grey water from the house. It shifts it around to each section for more processing.  I was worried that the salt and lemon might kill the bug that processes the grey water.  I have been using the lemon concentrate for over 2 weeks now,  all seems ok.

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2015, 02:23:34 am »
I know this is old, but I found these recipes here and was so excited by them.

I made both. I love the lemon concentrate as it smells amazing and I feel good about using it. I don't know if it does all that much apart from make me feel better that I'm not using too many chemicals. I use it to scrub stuff down and it does work, but it's messy. I also add a dollop into washing up and dishwashing sometimes. I use a clean spoon, get a scoop, then stick the spoon in with the rest of the dishes to wash.

I made up the miracle spray too, and it smells wonderful, as well as being reasonably kind to your hands. I have been fighting a losing battle with mould in our shower. We got it replaced eight years ago and it's slowly getting out of hand no matter what I try. Sometimes I get on my hands and knees and scrub it out with bicarbonate and vinegar. It's really hard to apply and leave to soak in for a bit before getting off. It also leaves a very dirty residue until you can get in and rinse it all away.

So I've made up this miracle spray and got one of those dishwashing brushes that you can put your liquid into. I found this tip somewhere, I don't know where, it might have been on this forum. Anyway, I've been using this new method for the last week or so and I'm loving it. There is visible difference in the dark mould spots, and I'm hopeful that eventually they'll lighten and disappear completely. I also have issues with the bottom of the glass doors, and this mix seems to be helping reduce that too.

The real bonus is that my husband actually helps now. I've got an Enjo mitt and I've implored him to give the glass a wipe down every so often, and use the squeegee on it afterwards, but it's just too much trouble to him. This brush is easy to use and put back, even if you don't worry about rinsing it off or drying it afterwards.

I love them both for different reasons!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2015, 03:03:18 am »
It's good to see some of these early posts bumped Sarah. We all love the miracle spray in particular and I've given many a bottle away to friends. It saves heaps on buying all the various cleaners on supermarket shelves.  Thanks for your feed back.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2015, 05:18:45 am »
It's amazing what our thermomix can do to help is. My DH thinks he is wonderful as he can make icing sugar, tip it into an old container, store borax through and hey presto.. He has something he can put on the ant holes that keep appearing. I'm surprised they haven't undermined our house.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/