Author Topic: Moussaka  (Read 28818 times)

Offline earth mumma

• View Profile
Re: Moussaka
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 12:27:23 am »
My family don't like eggplant either (I love it - sigh). Anyway I use the full steam ahead recipe, but instead of mucking about with the eggplant I grate a mix of veggies - usually carrot, celery, sweet potato and maybe some mushrooms.  I saute this with some onion and garlic and oil for about 5mins and put this is my lasagne dish and proceed with the recipe for the lentils and the and the white sauce.  Put it altogether and cook it in the oven for the normal time.  Doing it this way seems to save some time too.  I do seem to have a bit of an issue with the lentils getting a bit stuck on the bottom though  ???  ???.  Not sure what goes wrong there.

Offline thermie crew

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 05:34:44 am »
This recipe is absolutely delicious!
I too found that not all of the eggplant fitted into the varoma. I was initially concerned too that it hadn't been cooked enough BUT once it had been baked in the oven it was cooked to perfection. I made the mousakka with some freshly minced lamb in thermie and combined with this great recipe, it was easily the nicest mousakka I've ever eaten!
Clare from Adelaide, mum of 3 littlies :)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2010, 10:31:10 am »
Great to hear Thermie Crew
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 10:45:43 am »
We have substituted this meal for lasagna in the weekly regime - I feel healthier for it but I do always have layers of potatoes as well as the egg plant and i always add an egg into the white sauce at the end of cooking - So yummy!  ;)

Offline opi2kenopi

• View Profile
    • The Opies: Family Food
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 06:22:24 am »
Made this last night - a big hit.  Didn't see your tips Nay-Nay till after, but I like the idea of using an egg into the white sauce - will do it next time :)

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 12:14:07 am »
So funny this came up - we had it last night too!! And enough for lunch today - Yay!  ;)

Offline opi2kenopi

• View Profile
    • The Opies: Family Food
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 09:43:02 am »
So funny this came up - we had it last night too!! And enough for lunch today - Yay!  ;)

SNAP  ;D

Absolutely LOVE meals with enough leftover for lunch (as does DH, otherwise he doesn't take anything to work for lunch).