Author Topic: Need some Juicing Ideas- Bowel Cancer Prevention  (Read 5733 times)

Offline caminbear

• View Profile
Need some Juicing Ideas- Bowel Cancer Prevention
« on: May 22, 2010, 04:19:43 pm »
Hey Everyone,

just wondering if anyone has some good ideas. I have to do a presentation at a retirement home for Bowel Cancer prevention week and they want me to focus on Juicing in the thermo.
Im pretty boring with my juice and tend to stick to the same old ones all the time.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and any websites or info on juicing and bowel cancer that you know of would be great.
Cheers

Offline earth mumma

• View Profile
Re: Need some Juicing Ideas- Bowel Cancer Prevention
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 08:03:06 am »
Hi Caminbear.

I am not an expert but I think that any juice with beetroot in it is especially good for cancer prevention.  A nice combo is beetroot, carrot, celery and apple.  It is also nice with a smidge of fresh ginger in it too.  I think the lemon and parsley juice is aslo a great immunity booster.  Anything with greens in it has too be good for your immunity.  I just noticed faffa's 'shrek' juice and think it sounds fantastic as a cleansing way to start the day. The beetroot salad is one that I alway promote as being a fantastic way to eat something that not only tastes amazing but has incredible health benefits too.  Beetoor really is oe of those 'super' foods - it cleanses your kidneys and blood, is a blood builder and an anti-cancer food.  Hope this helps.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: Need some Juicing Ideas- Bowel Cancer Prevention
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 11:37:30 am »
We love our green smoothies.  They are very yummy. The greens can irritate the mouth and gut though, so perhaps a purple version may be best for a demo (substituting blueberries for the greens).  :)