Author Topic: Valerie's Yoghurt & Yoghurt Cheese  (Read 178883 times)

Offline Tina47

• View Profile
Re: Valerie's Yoghurt & Yoghurt Cheese
« Reply #300 on: November 23, 2011, 08:03:28 am »
I followed the recipe in the EDC and put it in the Easy Yo Yoghurt maker with hot water (as I used to use) maybe this is why my result was slightly lumpy, not a smooth texture that I am used to?
I used Jalna Pot set.

Offline nola276

• Fishing, Caravanning, Painting and now Cooking.
    • View Profile
    • Watercolour Walkabout
« Reply #301 on: November 24, 2011, 02:27:50 am »
I followed the recipe in the EDC and put it in the Easy Yo Yoghurt maker with hot water (as I used to use) maybe this is why my result was slightly lumpy, not a smooth texture that I am used to?
I used Jalna Pot set.

I use an Ezyo for my yogurt.  I make it before I go to bed at night and it is done in the morning.   I have only had one lot of slightly lumpy yogurt and that was when I couldn't get the Paul's pot set yogurt from Woolies.  I used Mundella instead, and although it is a beautiful yogurt to eat, Paul's natural pot set seems to be a better starter.
Cheers, Nola.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why it's called the present.
My Blog: http://watercolourwalkabout.blogspot.com/

Offline pippa

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 11, 2011, 05:00:27 am »
Hi Tina - I use my EasiYo thermos, but just pour boiling water in to heat the thermos up, then I tip it out and put the plastic jar in and replace the lid.  I think someone else said on here or somewhere else (who knows now with 21 pages to read through LOL) that the reason that you put boiling water in the EasiYo is that you start with cold water and a mix when making it using the sachets.  Try it without boiling water in and see how you go