Author Topic: re-heating food  (Read 12198 times)

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
re-heating food
« on: February 19, 2010, 08:54:07 am »
Just a simple question I hope, what speed, temps etc do people use to reheat food in tmx.  I'm thinking of casserole type dishes that I have made and frozen. Thanks  :)

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: re-heating food
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 01:41:24 pm »
I generally use speed 3 - 4 to get maximum steam up there and heating  ;) generally means you need to use about 900g of water though to be sure that you don't go dry in the bowl.
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 12:50:15 am »
Thanks, does that mean that I use the varoma temp and put the food in the varoma?  Sorry but I haven't used my varoma yet.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 03:38:47 am »
I use my varoma to reheat food but must admit that I haven't tried to reheat a casserole type meal in it.  No doubt someone on here will know what to do. :) 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 06:54:48 am »
I haven't reheated a meal in a casserole dish in the varoma (I use my microwave) but I have made the steamed bread in a casserole dish so just find a dish that will fit nicely into the varoma bowl, making sure the lid of the varoma will fit on correctly.  Cook it on varoma temperature, speed 3 or 4 as Faffa said. Just how long it will take to reheat will depend on how much you have to reheat and will be by trial and error. Start with 10 minutes perhaps then test it and add some more time remembering to reset all buttons once the timer starts singing.  In my early days I would forget the temperature button and just press the timer and speed - soon learnt things don't cook too well without constant heat.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.