Author Topic: Brand new TM5 won't switch on  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Poisonous

• View Profile
Brand new TM5 won't switch on
« on: August 11, 2015, 08:56:56 pm »
Hi - having received TM5 yesterday, I had gone through the process of setting it up which went fine. Then I tried to wash the bowl by putting some water in, setting the timer, temperature and the power settings. The bowl lock turned on, the  blade started spinning but after about two-three seconds TM5 switched off and hasn't switched back on since. Nothing seems to work - the display is off. I left it disconnected from the mains overnight, but that didn't help either. Your help would be much appreciated!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Brand new TM5 won't switch on
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 09:18:42 pm »
I think you need an urgent call to H.O for some help and advice.

I had to return my TM5 recently but my fault was a error code C160. It was returned within a week.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.Please come back and tell us how your fault was resolved.Good luck.

Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 10:03:52 pm »
Are their any other appliances on the circuit? There might be a safety switch/fuse/over ride that has kicked in. Hope it's a quick fix for you.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 01:20:24 am »
What an awful thing to happen. Our forum isn't associated with Voerwork at all, we are just a friendly group who share our love of thermomix. I shouldn't imagine you are feeling any love at the moment.
Unfortunately we can't give any technical advice, only things that have happened to us.

Have you tried another electrical socket? Otherwise I would be immediately onto my consultant, or UK thermomix head office. Did you have a demonstration of the machine at all?

I do hope your Head office can sort things out for you very quickly. Do let us know how you get on please?  Just in case it happens to any of us.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Poisonous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 11:10:38 pm »
Thank you for your responses.

It transpired that my TM5 managed to blow the fuse on two of EU to UK adapter plugs (it was purchased abroad) I have tried it working with - and hence it switched off completely half-way through the program and would not come back on. I have now switched to an adapter that came with another kitchen appliance and it seems to be working fine.

P.S.
Vorwerk customer service in the UK has been very helpful and supportive throughout the process

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 01:53:53 am »
Thanks for letting us know how things went. It was excellent that Voerwork UK were so helpful.
I'm pleased that it is all going well again. What are you cooking?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 08:38:12 am »
Thanks for letting us know what caused the fault on your TM5.
I always find HO Thermomix UK helpful too. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.