Author Topic: Mint Sauce  (Read 29549 times)

Offline em

• Me and my little spiderman!
    • View Profile
Mint Sauce
« on: December 20, 2010, 07:35:11 am »
I love a mint sauce or jelly to put on my roast lamb, so decided that i should make my own today and use up some of that mint that is growing wildly in the backyard.  I was surprised at just how simple it was to make!

Ingredients
5 Sprigs of Mint, stems removed
1 small Shallot
1 small clove of garlic
2 Tbs Cider Vinegar
2 Tbs Olive Oil
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Put all ingredients in TM blend on spd 10 until pureed.  I found that i couldn't get a real smooth puree in the TM and that there was still some small lumps of garlic in the sauce but we still enjoyed it.  You could warm it up if you wanted to but you can serve it cold also.  Great for roast lamb and a good substitute for store bought!

Converted from norecipes.com website
Emma from Victoria

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
Re: Mint Sauce
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 11:51:56 am »
I made this tonight to go with roast lamb, and it is absolutely DELICIOUS!  We loved the garlicky taste, even our young kids.  Thanks so much for posting - this is soooooooo much nicer than the masterfoods bought stuff  :-* :-*
Karen in Adelaide

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 03:17:00 pm »
Will have to give this one a go, I generally just make the one that is in the EDC. We are rather partial to the thick mint sauce but have given it away since the TMX arrived.

Oh how I would love the thick one for my winter veg - I can only guess how much sugar must be in it though :-\ so this one with some extra flavour punch might be the go :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 07:48:22 am »
Thanks for the recipe, em.  I know you mainlanders won't believe it, but we're having lamb roast tonight and this will go down well, I'm sure.  Thanks!   :)
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline em

• Me and my little spiderman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 08:45:07 am »
yum roast lamb, some people may prefer to cook the garlic and shallot first then add all other ings and puree. but we loved it with the raw flavours! hope you enjoy it cecilia
Emma from Victoria

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 10:23:13 pm »
This sounds delsh, thanks Em.

My mum used to make fantastic mint sauce, i think this might be a similar recipe.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......