Author Topic: New Oven suggestions  (Read 39371 times)

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
New Oven suggestions
« on: September 09, 2012, 01:35:24 pm »
Hi It looks like I am going to have to replace my oven and have been looking around over the weekend but am getting very confused.  Have looked at Neff, Miele and Bosch mostly and seem to change my mind between the 3!!!! I would appreciate any advice particulary if anyone has one of these brands. Thanks

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
Re: New Oven suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 01:40:51 pm »
Hi Shazzy. I would thoroughly recommend Miele I have two ovens conventional and microwave convection grill combo and the plate warmer all fantastic. Very easy to keep clean. Good luck oven shopping!

mcmich

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 09:59:13 pm »
If the budget allows try and get pyrolitic cleaning function.
You still have to clean the racks by hand but don't have to tackle the walls, floor or ceiling of the oven.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 10:00:45 pm »
OOh Michelle, I need one of those self cleaning ones. :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Mama Fergie

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 11:38:08 pm »
I have an Ilve Quadra free standing and do not recommend it. The oven doesn't cook evenly and have had repeated problems with it in the 3 years that I have had it. Wish I had bought Miele   :-[

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 12:30:19 am »
I love my Miele.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 12:39:55 am »
I have an Ariston which I am happy with it has the pyrolitic cleaning, it was also bigger inside than a lot of the ovens we looked at. We had a built in oven 90cm I think and the ariston was by far the biggest (I would have loved a bigger oven) it also has dual temperature function so you could use the top of your oven at 120 degrees and the bottom at 180 or whatever you want

Mama Fergie

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 02:34:28 am »
That sounds brilliant Yvette  :) I want one!!!!

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 02:36:06 am »
When yours breaks you can buy one Mama Fergie  ;)

Mama Fergie

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 02:45:26 am »
Had have had Ilve service guys out consistently since it was installed 3 years ago. Gas hoplates cut out frequently especially when using Le Creuset. They told me not enough airflow due to pot size!!  Drives me insane as you think everything is cooking then you find that one hotplate has cut out. Not good when co-ordinating a meal and want everything ready at same time. Only one that doesn't cut out is simmer plate. :-))
They refuse to replace it and also say could be the gas supply that is inconsistent !

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 02:48:32 am »
That must be so frustrating Mama Fergie I have separate hot plates but would love a bigger oven but we had to stick to the same size as the cutout otherwise it would have cost too much more to do up the kitchen

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 04:21:02 am »
hi everyone, I too am in the market for a new oven, I'm going to get a new kitchen.  I've heard it is good to have a function to turn off the fan does anyone have anything to say about this.  I don't have a clue what to look for my old westinghouse is 25 years old with a separate grill underneath that I now never use.  It has a rotisserie that I have used once so I don't think I want anything too fancy.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 04:39:24 am »
My oven you can turn the knob to fan forced or not

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 04:40:15 am »
A new kitchen sound good to add to the shopping thread..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Buttercups

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 06:21:14 am »
I love our new Neff oven - we ordered from Europe cause it was much less than half price even with duty, taxes and shipping and it arrived in less than a month. After checking a number of forums the Aussie service folk aren't the best and there are a number of individual contractors who will service it for us.

The best part is the retractable door  :)  No more worrying about burning an arm when lifting something heavy in or out, this and the internal size being large enough for a proper roast sold me on it.