Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4503359 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #15495 on: December 17, 2017, 11:01:46 am »
Very nice Margaret. Definitely a good buy.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15496 on: December 17, 2017, 02:44:15 pm »
Lovely jars Margaret. They will book great filled with goodies for a Christmas gift.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #15497 on: December 18, 2017, 04:38:29 am »
I found them in the $2 shop, paid $2.50 each for them.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #15498 on: December 20, 2017, 07:30:07 am »
As we don't exchange gifts at Christmas in our family, I've been lucky enough not to have to go to the big shopping centres. I do however make small gift bags to open at Christmas lunch for everyone. A bag full of nothing really. The last thing I bought to go in them was a box of mangos. I think fruit will be the finishing touch.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15499 on: December 20, 2017, 11:40:08 am »
That's lovely Mich.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15500 on: December 20, 2017, 12:15:17 pm »
Yes it’s nice to receive something and you would have put a lot of thought into it Michele.

I’ve just wrapped my family’s presents and rather pleased with myself as I didn’t have to ask DD this year what the grandies would like. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15501 on: December 20, 2017, 01:24:26 pm »
As we don't exchange gifts at Christmas in our family, I've been lucky enough not to have to go to the big shopping centres. I do however make small gift bags to open at Christmas lunch for everyone. A bag full of nothing really. The last thing I bought to go in them was a box of mangos. I think fruit will be the finishing touch.
What a thoughtful thing to do Michele. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15502 on: December 20, 2017, 07:31:20 pm »
I made most of my presents this year ... the most successful of which was honey and cinnamon roasted almonds - I have had to purchase a large quantity of almonds as I have already been asked to make more from one of the giftees (our stationers) - it turns out one of the guys has a TMXat home so I gave him the recipe as well so they are happy.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #15503 on: December 20, 2017, 08:09:10 pm »
Love the effort that people make with their gifts. Very lazy this year. Money mostly. A few extras.
Buffalo milk Parmesan cheese for BIL. Rabbit place mats for DS, ( will post a photo).
A selection of goodies from the Italian deli in Lygon Street for several friends and lots of olive SD loaves and jam for trade people.
Ral usually buys me some ridiculous thing that I don’t need, but love never the less and I buy him chocolates. He would rather have a nice expensive sports car.,!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15504 on: December 21, 2017, 01:27:19 am »
My DH would like ANOTHER vintage car ( which is on the cards in the next couple of years) and DD would like the expensive sports car.
DH and I decided we wouldn't buy each other gifts this year as we tend to go and buy anything as we want it! I will buy him a lotto and he is buying me a scratch and win ticket.
We have out anniversary on the 27th, so that will be another lotto.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #15505 on: December 21, 2017, 11:04:22 am »
I made most of my presents this year ... the most successful of which was honey and cinnamon roasted almonds - I have had to purchase a large quantity of almonds as I have already been asked to make more from one of the giftees (our stationers) - it turns out one of the guys has a TMXat home so I gave him the recipe as well so they are happy.

Handmade gifts are the best. Would love the recipe for your almonds Marina.

Cookie, I do think it gets to the stage when there is just nothing left to buy for each other.

Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #15506 on: December 21, 2017, 07:51:24 pm »
I have bought Ral a spare battery charger thing for his iPad as he is constantly running out .
Ral is a bit frustrated at the moment as he can’t think of a surprise for me.   Like Cookie we buy what we want as we need it. 
I shouldn’t admit to this but I bought a large pav for $6 .  Visitors  today.  The topping cost double this.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15507 on: December 21, 2017, 07:54:53 pm »

Handmade gifts are the best. Would love the recipe for your almonds Marina.

Cookie, I do think it gets to the stage when there is just nothing left to buy for each other.

Here is the recipe - you don't have to use raw almonds, it seems almost any nut, except peanuts, work.  It is quick, easy and, surprisingly, very easy to clean up afterwards.

https://www.recipecommunity.com.au/side-dishes-recipes/honey-cinnamon-roasted-almonds/du8j8xwh-38f03-789045-cfcd2-kb3jlv83
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #15508 on: December 21, 2017, 10:30:40 pm »
Cookie, I understand about old cars, we have 5 now, only 1 more to be restored..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15509 on: December 22, 2017, 06:56:58 am »
We only have 2 cars restored Robyn, one still to restore. It's getting hard to find parts for some of the old dears, ok I guess as they are 90 years old. I doubt I will have any spare parts around if I make that age.