Author Topic: Did you?  (Read 6554 times)

Offline RhubarbWhine

• Rhu
    • View Profile
    • Rhubarb Whine
Did you?
« on: January 04, 2013, 09:11:18 am »
So, -did you make enough food to feed a small Country when you first acquired your Thermi?  I may have to buy another freezer, fridge and canning set....  

Did you?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:32:26 am by RhubarbWhine »
QLD Australia      http://www.rhubarbwhine.com

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Did you?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 09:14:48 am »
What me, lol ;D ;D

Yes & still cook way too much :)

Just love it. I now have 2 chest freezers, 2 fridge freezers & a bar fridge :)

Today & was just pottering, nothing serious :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:16:21 am by Halex »
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 09:15:58 am »
Yes RW, I think we all do but things settle down after a while unless your name is Hally  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 09:16:17 am »
I didn't but there are plenty on here who did and still do, you aren't alone and have come to the right place to encourage you to buy more appliances and kitchen tools that supplement the tmx.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 09:17:26 am »
Yes RW, I think we all do but things settle down after a while unless your name is Hally  :D

Dont know a Hally :)

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

mcmich

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 09:26:37 am »
Hally?? Hally Who??  ;D

Offline RhubarbWhine

• Rhu
    • View Profile
    • Rhubarb Whine
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 09:33:14 am »
I didn't but there are plenty on here who did and still do, you aren't alone and have come to the right place to encourage you to buy more appliances and kitchen tools that supplement the tmx.

That made me laugh out loud :)
QLD Australia      http://www.rhubarbwhine.com

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 09:43:41 am »
I think it was lucky I got mine a month before Xmas - was able to make lots for gifts & gatherings and not eat it all our selves.  I had a definite shortage of storage containers for a while. 
I seem to be getting it nearly right now - having some quiet days where I don't make any extras just because I can  ;D
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 10:38:32 am »
I did a complete reorganisation of our pantry and bought dozens of matching storage containers to store all the new (less refined/processed) ingredients I now use on a regular basis  ;D
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 11:00:12 am »
One of the tips I got from this forum in the lead up to D-Day (delivery day) was not only to stock up on spices and other essential ingredients but to also make some space in the freezer!!!!!  think we are all guilty of going into TMX overdrive at first, I gave a lot away to those lovely guests who came to my demo (just so I could get another bowl)!!!!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 11:36:04 am »
Yes I am guilty too. My freezer is no where near large enough and I do not have enough people to eat the food I want to make.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 12:18:22 pm »
I did a complete reorganisation of our pantry and bought dozens of matching storage containers to store all the new (less refined/processed) ingredients I now use on a regular basis  ;D
Ditto me too ;D

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 12:29:37 pm »
This one rings true for my pantry as well.
I just bought some BIG Lock&Lock containers for my assorted flours that tidied things up a lot. 
I need a new BIG freezer and more storage space for the new spices etc I am now using.
I also had to buy lots of gadgets to use with TC and a new dehydrator, a new 5 in one cooker, and the list goes on.. ;D
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 01:21:19 pm »
I find that I'm constantly inviting people over for meals, or morning/afternoon tea just so that I can cook all of the things that are on my to-do list! The kids love being able to have healthy sorbets as a snack, especially if we have friends with kids come over. with this weather we're having at the moment, i'm going through nearly every recipe in the 'ice-cream' thread!

Yes, I'm certainly guilty of cooking enough to feed an army! Just need more people to come over and eat it! :) but that's the fun of holidays!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 09:18:24 pm »
Yes you do cook more, because you can do it so fast. :)

I give alot away to family.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url