Author Topic: FATAL: Dishwasher Liquid Soap -SEE WARNING !!!!!!! KILLS YOUR TMX  (Read 131441 times)

Offline alioop

• View Profile
Re: Bron's Dishwasher Liquid Soap - with Spanish video
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2009, 04:52:47 am »
You have such a good memory Kathryn  :).  Now I recall that thread but must have put it out of my mind as I always hand-wash all my TM parts (use it too often to let it sit in dishw all day ;D).  That was early July and I hadn't tried the goop at that stage I don't think, but there doesn't seem to be many others having problems - do you think if we cooked the goop longer/used less lemons/made it thinner it would work???  I haven't got any lemons left at the moment anyway, so will likely stick to the bought powder for now.  Bit disappointed though - really liked the idea & wanted it to work.  At least the washing machine goop is going well for me....which reminds me, I need to do another batch!!
From the beautiful South-West Western Australia!

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2009, 05:01:03 am »
Ali I have tried cooking it for longer, blitzing the lemons before adding the salt and then blitzing them all together for longer and also making it thinner in desperation to keep using this with no success  ??? ??? I didn't try less lemons...

Like you thank goodness the washing machine goo is super fantastic!!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline alioop

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2009, 05:18:20 am »
Yes, and thanks for your suggestion Kathryn (I think it was yours) to put washing machine goop in 1ltr sauce bottles from Coles as I have these ready for when I do my new batch of goo!  I'm going to try it with bicarb and will post if turns out ok :)
Ali
From the beautiful South-West Western Australia!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2009, 05:54:53 pm »
Finally tried it, using the rinse aid I bought to make it with (looked blue as blue container, but was actually clear.  I'm sure it doesn't matter what colour it is really)

It works fantastically on my pots, but leaves little bits of lemon on my glasses.  They're also a bit cloudy, but they seem to be no matter what I use, to be honest.  We've decided that we don't mind the tiny bits of lemon when it's us using them, but we'd hand wash them before giving guests a drink in them  ;D

I think what I'll do, in light of some of the recent posts, is use a batch, then use a batch of powder to give my machine a rest, then do another batch, and go on like that.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2009, 02:57:39 am »
Yes, and thanks for your suggestion Kathryn (I think it was yours) to put washing machine goop in 1ltr sauce bottles from Coles as I have these ready for when I do my new batch of goo!  I'm going to try it with bicarb and will post if turns out ok :)
Ali

Will be interested to hear how it turns out with bi carb as I have some customers who need it to be grey water friendly and amonia isn't. I also need to research if washing soda is and I think also borax .... Shannon if you are around is this what you use? I can't lay my hands to your recipe ATM  ??? ???

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2009, 02:18:03 pm »
Faffa - I just substitute the rinse aid for more vinegar. It works fine, except for some cloudyness on clear containers and would hand wash good glasses etc.

I have an old machine, and since I've started making this, it's all I use and it goes fine. Must be the more modern ones that are more sensitive.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2009, 02:51:33 pm »
To be honest ILB I think it is my machine...I have had so many problems with it  :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) - I had also tried the vinegar and was sticking to that as I already have it in my pantry  ;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 04:33:26 pm by faffa_70 »

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2009, 03:32:21 pm »
I have a (fairly old dishwasher) a Simpson silencio  :-)) (certainly not silent lol) anyway the dishwasher soap worked a treat in it tonight..........
It would be really interesting to find out who it works for and who it doesn't and what brand of machine they have......can you do polls on this forum? I wonder also if it is the water where people live too??
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2009, 04:24:05 am »
I found it easy to make, cheap and workable in my machine.  I'm not overly happy with the results though and probably won't make it again for that reason.  I don't mind cloudy glasses, but I find I have to scrub some cutlery and pots that I normally wouldn't have to with my generic brand dishwasher tablets (which I break in half so they go further).  A good experiment though - you have to try these things.  :)

Offline Shayla

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2009, 12:23:44 am »
Anyone had any experience with A Miele dishwaher - i have one on order for my new kitchen.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2009, 09:13:46 am »
My dishwasher is a Bosch Classixx.  Not that thrilled with it, to be honest.  This recipe works well with it, except for the glasses (cloudy, with some little bits of lemon on.  Mind you, they tend to be cloudy no matter what I use in this dishwasher!) and I have now found that the tea mugs are starting to get stained inside.  That's a new one to us.  I think I might try adding washing soda, as I know that can be used in dishwashers too.

I didn't know that Mile made dishwashers when I bought this one, wish I had.  I love their washing machines.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Shayla

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2009, 09:21:09 am »
The Miele dishwasher is very quiet - my SIL has one and you cannot hear it at all. Miele definitely have the best appliances - I compromised on my cupboards to have all new Miele appliances in the kitchen. I already have the washing machine which is marvellous. Miele even come and install the appliances themselves so you know it is done properly!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2009, 04:04:38 pm »
Sorry to report that this is not to my liking. I think that if it wasn't for the dishwasher having hot water our dishes would not have been washed at all. There were bits of lemon fibre over the top part of the DW, and cutlery and certain dishes were stuck with food. By about the 3rd wash I was convinced that nothing was happening because of the mixture. Will be throwing it out. Good cheap experiment to try though.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2009, 03:19:39 am »
I felt the same way CP and was getting frustrated at having to wash the cutlery each morning.  I went back to using dishwasher tabs though and have upset our septic system.  You just can't win sometimes!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2009, 10:16:16 pm »
I felt the same way CP and was getting frustrated at having to wash the cutlery each morning.  I went back to using dishwasher tabs though and have upset our septic system.  You just can't win sometimes!

I was told by a dishwasher techinician never to use a whole dishwasher tab and never never use the blue ball thing. I get my DH to cut the cheapest tabs in half and have not had a problem since. I didn't throw my mix out  but use it occassionally for some hand  dish washing.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.