Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5134486 times)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #645 on: June 15, 2011, 05:09:43 am »
Thanks Cookie will keep my eyes open for one. Maybe I will try Victorias Basement on the weekend.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 15, 2011, 09:06:51 am »
Yvette, the one I have is called "The pizza maker - multifunction pizza oven".
There are two types.  One is red, and the pizza stone is non removable.  The black one has the removable stone, with an insert to pop in and make frittata's etc.

Works well, and with fresh dough, it would take around 8 minutes to cook.  You would just pop your cheese on in the later few minutes, so that it doesn't brown too much.
The bases are lovely and crisp, and usually I'm not organised to make the dough prior, but using pita breads as bases is only 3-4 minutes cooking.

I will say, use only one side of the pizza stone.....I gave mine to a neighbour to try before she decided to buy, and I'm not sure if it was whatever topping she used, or it was turned over and used on the clean side  :o.....but when I got it back last night, it was smoking like crazy on the underside, and burning the oil that was there  >:(  that's why you just use the one side!  Luckily I have just found a replacement stone online for $24.00 just now.

Semolina is great for sprinkling on stone if using fresh dough, and I don't even bother with that if using pita breads.
I purchased mine at kitchenware direct, but check around for prices.
Like Julie, I purchased the metal paddles from the machines own website  http://www.thepizzachef.com.au/Default.asp?c=15527  they are fantastic!
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 15, 2011, 09:29:46 am »
Don't you hate lending anything that doesn't come back quite the same  :'( :'(
Love the look of that machine maddy but we don't have enough pizza to warrant one. I will be strong  :D :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #648 on: June 15, 2011, 10:22:44 am »
I like the Pizza oven, looks like a good machine to have but like Judy we don't eat that many pizzas either.

Tonight we had Curried mince meat (from the forum) with added veggies to bulk it up. I can feed a family of 7 for under $10 with this meal. And we love it.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 15, 2011, 10:36:01 am »
Thanks Maddy I am going to get one great pics

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 15, 2011, 02:10:31 pm »
Don't you hate lending anything that doesn't come back quite the same  :'( :'(

Absolutely!  You know, one would think I should have learned a lesson by now.
My Sister in law had been without an oven for a few weeks, and was waiting for the element to turn up.  I felt sorry for her, and loaned her a brand new-never out the box Breville pizzetta oven, I had been storing until my "one day" new kitchen happened.

Well, it's been at her place for at least 18 months now, and you should see the state of it!  :o >:( >:(
I would highly doubt that industrial strength cleaners would clean the baked on grime  >:(
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 15, 2011, 02:20:27 pm »
Ahhh....now that whinge is off my chest  :P 
We had sweet & sour pork

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #652 on: June 15, 2011, 02:25:51 pm »
Yum Maddy, that looks so nice. I have made the sweet and sour meatballs before but not for a long time. I think I better put this on the to make list for next week. Love your photos (I could nearly eat the screen)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 15, 2011, 02:38:54 pm »
are people so blind that they: 
a) just don't see the mess they make or 
b) so stupid that they think you won't notice or
c) think that someone will clean up after them

I work in the hospitality/short term rental holiday home industry where people  see neither a, b or c and when you charge them for the additional time it takes over at normal clean for that property to clean up after them.  They challenge you through all the legal channels, and threaten you with word of mouth negativity, and also media attention under the guise of customer dissatisfaction. I just stick to the Terms and Conditions of booking and will not bend for anyone, that way I know where I stand when they express dissatisfaction as you have to be consistent. There are no handshake deals as far as I am concerned, and even growing up in the country, you cannot trust anyone (bar one or two ).  If you are lending appliances just between friendly channels you  also have to beat your head up against the wall for these knuckleheads, and I would personally be reluctant considering its
a) of no benefit to you if they loved the machine
b) insurers will be reluctant to cover you if if something goes wrong under someone else's roof without you being there and
c) just make sure you are covered if you lend your machine and something goes wrong  and
d) can trust your friend if something does go wrong (believe me most people are liars and just try to go with the option that will not cost them any money
e) when it comes to money; the friend you thought you had may not be friend at all <full stop>
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 15, 2011, 02:48:27 pm »
Totally agree with you there puffs........I think I am just too soft  :-\  but I will say with confidence, the TM will never leave my home on loan!
You would love me as one of your holiday renters.....I make the beds, sweep, empty the rubbish, and clean everything before we leave.....the thought of people thinking we were sloths, does my head in  :P

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 15, 2011, 06:22:10 pm »
You lovelies have made me VERY nervous - you may have noticed a comment in another thread that I have loaned thermie to a friend for this week as a getting to know it activity prior to her ordering (have been using DD's TMX while she is in Darwin for the week!!!!!!!!) I read this post prior to going to bed - now it is 3am, you don't have think very hard to guess my first thoughts of the day.  :-\  :-\
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 16, 2011, 12:36:01 am »
You lovelies have made me VERY nervous

Oh Robyn.....sooooo sorry to cause you angst!
You obviously know your friend is responsible......unlike me.....I should have known better  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 16, 2011, 12:53:59 am »
Last night I made a lovely cooking sauce, only took 10 secs to make in the TM.  It contained roasted red capsicum, red onion, garlic, smoked paprika, red wine vinegar, sambal, olive oil, salt & pepper and a little brown sugar. I poured it over a butterflied chicken and baked.  When it was cooked I spooned some of the lovely stuff over the top to serve.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 16, 2011, 04:17:43 am »
JulieO, that looks so appetising I almost wish I ate meat just to try it!!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 16, 2011, 05:54:39 am »
My DH lends things to people he shouldn't. ie-his brother. He often has to ring him months/years down the track and say have you finished with my ...................It makes me cross. He lent a couple of our travelling maps that have all our previous trips on them in different coloured high lighter, including all the little side trips etc. The 'dear friend' never returned them. :'( :'(

Our pizza maker is just like yours Maddy. Great machine. I make our own dough and we cook it untopped for a bit first. (in the pizza maker)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/