Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5135128 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #480 on: April 07, 2011, 12:59:46 pm »
europeans often dont get to bed until late as well so no problem with the four hours usually...in summer its still light out at 11pm..long days and as its summer holidays it doesnt matter too much if the kids go to bed late either!! my parents freak out when they come over to visit so we usually have to adapt a little and eat earlier lol!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 08, 2011, 08:20:04 am »
...and I even managed to make some good old fashioned dumplings in the Varoma. I'll post the photo and recipe later.

haven't forgotten cookie???  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 09, 2011, 05:26:07 am »
Freezer items & leftovers for tea tonight  - tuna patties, golabki and leftover vegies.
Lunch was freshly made Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup with bread rolls & sticky date pudding both from the freezer as well.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline foodiepep

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 09, 2011, 07:36:42 am »
Tonight we are having beef and chicken fajitas so the only thing I will be using the TMX for is the salsa and guacamole.

wouldn't mind doing something with pears as I've got quite a few to use.  Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 09, 2011, 09:36:44 am »

wouldn't mind doing something with pears as I've got quite a few to use.  Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Check out some of the pear recipe ideas I posted here foodiepep - just scroll down to come to all the URL links.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 09, 2011, 11:29:58 am »
Home made pasties  ;D made with left over casserole. I am gobsmacked that ds4yrold gobbled up two mini ones with a side of Brussels sprouts after flat out refusing to eat the casserole the other night telling me he 'didn't like that dinner'  :o and before anyone comments, he loves Brussels sprouts and often asks me for them when we go shopping he was professing his love for them at the checkout today and the lady behind me said wow  :o  you dont hear that very often lol  :D
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 09, 2011, 04:29:51 pm »
Tonight I'm going to do a vegetarian chilli to use up all the odd veggies I've got hanging around.   We're off to France on Monday for a week so I'm trying to avoid having to throw anything out.

Can't wait - and the friends we are staying with have now got a Thermomix so we should be cooking up a storm. ;) ;)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 09, 2011, 07:42:17 pm »
Tonight I'm going to do a vegetarian chilli to use up all the odd veggies I've got hanging around.   We're off to France on Monday for a week so I'm trying to avoid having to throw anything out.

Can't wait - and the friends we are staying with have now got a Thermomix so we should be cooking up a storm. ;) ;)
Have a great holiday in France,will look forward to hearing what you cooked. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 10, 2011, 12:05:44 am »
Tonight I'm going to do a vegetarian chilli to use up all the odd veggies I've got hanging around.   We're off to France on Monday for a week so I'm trying to avoid having to throw anything out.

Where abouts in France katya??

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 10, 2011, 10:47:41 am »
Had chicken and avo fettucine etc again but this time with evaporated light milk.

Offline Ninny

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 10, 2011, 10:52:50 am »
Just made pizza from EDC but have been reading the Guru magazine and it in a pizza guru said to have cold water and no leaving it to rest,so did this and my DH loved them, they were thin and crispy and divine if i do say so myself!!  ;D
Jenny ~ Lake Macquarie

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 10, 2011, 10:58:13 am »
Have a nice holiday Katya.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 10, 2011, 11:53:25 am »

St Brieuc, Brittanny.   Going on Eurostar which is always fun.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 10, 2011, 12:48:19 pm »
Home made pasties  ;D made with left over casserole. I am gobsmacked that ds4yrold gobbled up two mini ones with a side of Brussels sprouts after flat out refusing to eat the casserole the other night telling me he 'didn't like that dinner'  :o and before anyone comments, he loves Brussels sprouts and often asks me for them when we go shopping he was professing his love for them at the checkout today and the lady behind me said wow  :o  you dont hear that very often lol  :D

One of my DD's loved them also when she was a little one - quite unusual for a child. 

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 10, 2011, 06:55:34 pm »

St Brieuc, Brittanny.   Going on Eurostar which is always fun.

haha yes smooth sailing on the eurostar...my dh's grandmother lives in st brieuc..and his family lives in the south of brittany in the gulf du morbihan!!  we are heading down the south of france for a week in a week but thermie is coming with us..just got a thermie travel bag and will have to take photos and compare with the one in oz to know if its hte same as the price difference is huge..ours is 40 euros here and if i remmber the one in oz is 120 AUD which is around 80 euros give or take so double the price...oh and tonight after being out all day dh decided he felt like chinese so its take out tonight!