Author Topic: Chili con Carne  (Read 8816 times)

Offline Mixman

• View Profile
Chili con Carne
« on: July 26, 2008, 10:45:50 am »
Name of Recipe:Chili con Carne
Number of people: 6
Ingredients:

600 gr. Minced Meat
1 large can of kidney beans
1 l can of chopped tomatoes
1 green pepper
1 yellow (or red) pepper
2 onions
4 cloves of garlic
80 gr. olive oil
Salt
1 tsp of chili powder

Preparation:

Add the chopped onions, peppers and garlic into the bowl and programme for 5 secs on speed 6. Add the canned tomatoes, olive oil and minced meat and cook for 10 mins , 100º, speed 1. Then add the rinsed kidney beans, salt and chili powder. Cook for 5 mins, temp 100º , speed counter clockwise.

Serve with rice and green salad.

Hints/Tip:

Yummy on Jacket potatoes, with a sprinkle of mature cheddar cheese. And and of course a heavy red wine!!

Maluhia - Tried this today - Some fixes: After the garlic, onion and pepper/capsicum go into the bowl it really needs the oil and a few minutes of heat to soften and meld those flavours, I'd also at the chili powder at this stage. With the canned tomatoes there is also a need for more tomato flavor, I'm going to add some tomato paste at this point the next time around.  

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:30:22 pm by judydawn »

Offline Maluhia

• View Profile
Re: Chili con Carne
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 11:27:19 pm »
Tried this today - Some fixes:

After the garlic, onion and pepper/capsicum go into the bowl it really needs the oil and a few minutes of heat to soften and meld those flavors, I'd also at the chili powder at this stage.

With the canned tomatoes there is also a need for more tomato flavor, I'm going to add some tomato paste at this point the next time around.