Author Topic: Thermomix Travel Bag  (Read 17496 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Thermomix Travel Bag
« on: April 11, 2011, 11:25:44 am »
Hi to all

I just purchased a Thermomix travel bag and noticed there is quite a bit of difference between the price in europe and the cost of the one in oz.  I therefore just wanted to post some pictures to see if it indeed the same bag or what are the differences.

Over here it is black with the green logo front and back.  It has a hard insert on the bottom of the main part of the bag with place for the three suction pads to secure it for travel.  The sides of the main part of the bag are rigid and the rest is flexible durable fabric.  It has pockets on the inner side of the flap to store different parts of the thermomix and a second compartment to store the varoma which is flexible fabric.    Anyway would like to hear from those of you who bought the one in oz which if Im correct costs $120AUD and this one costs 45 euros.

:)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:25:13 pm by Frozzie »
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: Thermomix Travel Bag
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 11:26:46 am »
and more photos..

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 11:46:30 am »
yes it is the very one!
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 11:53:38 am »
I purchased mine Frozzie during the special offer month where if a machine was purchased at the demo the hostess could purchase the bag at half price (at least that is far better than $120) - well I think that is how it rolled!!!!!!! - my mind is mush at present, end of the very long school term!!!!!!!!  :-\  ;D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 12:04:31 pm »
wow unbelievable how they could justify such a difference in price..im definately telling my parents not to buy teh one in oz then and ill send them one...talk about making a profit!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 12:55:26 pm »
Hope H.O. see this posting.  It might be something people are prepared to order from o/seas at that price.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 01:24:39 pm »
the website is here just scroll to the bottom of the page and you can see it but have no idea if they send overseas or not..maybe thats where they get you???

oh and i will amend my original post as the price is 45 euros and not 40 I had in my head... but still a huge difference..considering they make a profit on the 45 euros so makes the 120 AUD even worse!  I tried to see on the uk website what they price the bag as and I cant find it..only books but no items like the bowl, bag, blades etc etc..maybe cornishcream will know???

:)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 01:26:04 pm »
I purchased mine Frozzie during the special offer month where if a machine was purchased at the demo the hostess could purchase the bag at half price (at least that is far better than $120) - well I think that is how it rolled!!!!!!! - my mind is mush at present, end of the very long school term!!!!!!!!  :-\  ;D

lucky you robyn..i would hate to have paid the 120 considering what I got it for over here!!

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 01:53:24 pm »
I bought my bag for $40 because someone bought a tm at my demo when they had the promotion, so it was okay. A good opportunity for arbitrage.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 02:47:29 pm »
If you don't mind me hijacking your post, Frozzie, I have a Thermomix Travel Bag that I don't use.
If anyone would like to buy it, please let me know what you'd be prepared to pay. Saves me putting it on eBay.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 03:01:42 pm »
no probleme mj..hopefully you will find a buyer quickly!!

and thermoheaven glad you saved on yours but dont think everyone should have to have a demo and a sale at that demo just to get the bag cheaper..i would be curious if someone from headoffice was reading this link to know why the price hike..i know alot of the items come direct from germany..even when we purchase items in france they get sent by ups from germany but thats still for the 45 euros but surely for oz being so far away they would have stocks in oz or I would imagine..also i know hte aussie dollar is going well at hte moment but its never been that good lol!

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 11:05:46 pm »
Frozzie, here Australia, HO wants a demo for everything, and charge freight on any cookbooks you order from them. luckily for me, I buy my cookbooks from my consultant since she has all the books and accessories on hand, so no freight), and I no longer mind having a demo because I pick up so many ideas (because the consultant I have now is better than the selling consultant).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:31:36 am by thermoheaven »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 05:49:49 am »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( I paid $120 for mine. I have used it a lot. MJ I would hope that yours is grabbed quickly. Even $119 is cheaper.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 01:13:40 pm »
I had no idea what the AUD was to the Euro.......& then I looked it up!!!  45Euro is a bargain!

I think we have to understand that the exchange rate is variable but TM Aus buy & have to fix their price when they buy their Euro's....it tends to be swings & roundabouts.  Goodness alone knows what the freight for the bag would be to Australia!!  But if anything happens to mine in the near term I'll consider it........

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 02:35:58 pm »
I travel away for weekends and find it hard to be without my TM, and I take my DD's bag. I would love to have my own as she will move out one day. I wonder if we got a certain amount of interested parties together if they could reduce their freight charges and then we met up in the park for a cuppa and a distribution???
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand