Author Topic: 12wbt  (Read 66644 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: 12wbt
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2014, 04:15:34 am »
Congrats Katie on 8 kilos loss...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2014, 07:00:31 am »
Well done Katie, that's a fantastic loss. I'm really looking forward to getting into the program fully and checking out the food and actual exercise plans.

Jam, it will be great if you can use the information you have gained to reduce portion sizes and increase the exercise a little.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2014, 12:03:21 am »
Well I'm already into week 9 and can't believe how quickly the time goes. I've really enjoyed being on the program and have lost just over 5kgs and hoping to loose another 3 before the end. I haven't been as strict as a lot of people and on the weekends particularly have been going out or having our normal meals but during the week I've been sticking pretty much to the plan. I was using this to get some structure back into my exercise and to get a handle on portion size. I've been tailoring the meal plan to our family and so far we have a few new favourites, I've also tailored the exercise plan to suit me needing to walk the dogs at least a couple of times a week and to schedule my long training session on a Sunday to fit in with DS's long basketball training session. I've tried hard to keep to 6 days exercise per week and burning around 500 calories per session which the program recommends. My sister has convinced me to do the Melbourne half marathon in October as she will be here to run the full marathon so I think I'll join up for another round at the end of this one to keep access to the training and meal plans for another 12 weeks. Now that I'm almost at my original goal I think I could loose a few more so will see how I go. I would highly recommend the program even to get a good understanding or portion size, daily food intake and good varied exercise programs.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2014, 12:54:49 am »
We'll done Wonder, do you think it is suitable for older, unfit people too!  I really need some motivation.
Denise

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2014, 02:26:58 am »
I think it would be Bedlam. They offer quite a lot of different programs from unfit all the way through to super fit, and those trying to loose over 100kg to those not trying to loose any weight. I browse the forums quite a bit and notice there seem to be quite a few older people and many who don't seem to have exercised in the past. The one thing a lot of people seem to struggle with is that it's all online and it seems a bit complicated at the start but once you realise how to tailor your weekly meal plan to suit it becomes much easier. I change my meal plan as I always have a green smoothie for breakfast,  alternate between only a few different lunches (cuts down waste, time and expense) but I try and stick to her dinner options. The other thing I don't do is have any snacks as I haven't given up having coffee with full cream milk so have to use my snack calories on my coffee!!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2014, 06:36:14 am »
You've written a comprehensive review of it Wonder. I think you should be very proud of yourself.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

*suzanne*

Re: Re: 12wbt
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2014, 06:59:46 am »
Great going wonder, interesting to read that people who don't want or need to lose weight can join I've loved the idea of it but since I only need help with fitness I didn't think it would be for me but I'm definitely going to have a look into it :D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2014, 07:41:03 am »
suzanne, I'm finding the daily gym programs are really great and she also has a lot of online classes if you want to do one at home. I've done a couple of those, and have been doing the yoga one a couple of times a week and find they have been great so far. I'm on the intermediate gym program and have found the daily programs to be a little better than i was getting with my PT, more varied and because there are guidlines on the levels for everything have found I've really pushed myself to get through them. I try and do all the toning and strength ones but will swap some of the cardio sessions for either a long walk with both dogs if I have time or a shorter jog with my younger dog. The programs are a miniumum of 1hr and you are supposed to do 6 days a week so it's quite a time commitment, but again if you need to alter you can. I'm planning on going back and keeping a copy of all my meal plans including recipes and also the workout plans so I can continue to use them once I'm finished with the program.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2014, 08:40:06 am »
Congratulations on your weight loss and fitness programme Wonder :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2014, 09:17:47 am »
Great effort Wonder! I'm sure you'll fly through the half marathon in October.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2014, 09:18:23 am »
Congratulations Wonder! Great work!
I really liked the program too. I particularly liked the online exercise videos -which before I started thought would be the last thing I'd use! I'm not doing tbe current round but have learned some great recipes (especially for breakfast) and am now much more aware of portion size and calories.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

*suzanne*

Re: Re: 12wbt
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2014, 10:02:37 am »
Thanks for that wonderful information wonder xx
I've never exercised before always think about it but then never do it, but being the other side of 40 I probably should :o

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2014, 10:38:05 am »
Well done wonder and thanks for the great review. Good luck with the run.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2014, 11:53:03 pm »
It certainly sounds like the inspiration I need.  The online exercise program would be helpful. I am pleased you are enjoying it wonder, thanks for your review.
Denise

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2014, 10:12:46 pm »
Thought i would add my final update to this thread for anyone interested, sorry it will be a bit long. i finished the 12 weeks yesterday and am very happy with the outcome although now know I'm capable of much more than I originally thought. I estimated I followed the program about 80%, I've been pretty good with exercising at the suggested rate of approx 1 hour 4 days a week and an extra long session of 2hrs one day, i've used a mixture of the gym, walking the dogs and jogging to fit in with my life although most of it's been early mornings. I've also used her online yoga class although not as much as i was planning, so thats something for me to work on. With the food I've stuck to my green smoothies most days, which while within the calorie count aren't a part of her program, a few days I've used her breakfast ideas and the recipes have been really lovely. I've also followed her plans for most lunch and dinners 4/5 nights per week  with the family all enjoying the same meals. We still eat out at least once a week and have some other family favourite meals where i don't worry about calories but just watch my portion size a little more than I used to but I've never felt like i've been on diet. I've also been enjoying the odd wine or 2, particulalry on weekends.  i ended up losing at total of 7kg (11% of my body weight)  and my goal was 8kg so i'm really happy, I've also lost 30.5cm from my hips, bust, thighs and waist and my fitness has almost doubled based on the program test. I've adjusted my goal to lose a  further 4kg and have a few fitness goals  so am joining again for the August round and  will hopefully lose the 4kg in the first half and then look at maintining that for the longer term. While we have always eaten quite well and don't have a sweet tooth I've realised my portion sizes were well overstated and the quantity of meat to vegetables was out of balance, the family have also learnt a bit about portion sizes and snacking so all up I'm happy with the program and think it's quite a sustainable lifestyle for me.