Author Topic: Getting stains off my Thermomix lid  (Read 6080 times)

Offline Kim Galloway

• View Profile
Getting stains off my Thermomix lid
« on: September 28, 2016, 10:08:34 pm »
Hi,
I have borrowed a friend's Thermomix to see how I like it before I buy one. The first dish I cooked was a curry and I now have yellowish stains on the lid and the seal inside the lid. I've tried washing and putting it in the dishwasher. They stains remain! Please help! I can't hand it back like this!

Thank you!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Getting stains off my Thermomix lid
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 11:59:38 pm »
Hi Kim, that's a common problem and a lot of people have 2 lids - 1 for desserts and 1 for savoury dishes.  However in time the stain will fade but I understand how using a borrowed machine you are wanting to hand it back clean.

This from Quirky Jo's website although depending on where you live, there may not be a lot of sunshine around at the moment.

Quirky Cooking
2 August 2013 ·
{Top Tip!} Having trouble getting turmeric stains out of your Thermomix lid or seal? Here's a tip from a reader on Twitter: "Turmeric stain is unstable in sunlight. Leave things on the window ledge to degrade the colour." Thanks Martin!
I also find after a few washes the stain fades. (Then I go and do it again. Love turmeric
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Kim Galloway

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 05:47:42 am »
Thank you so much! Great advice. As it turns out I might be buying this one off her! But I'll try the sunshine and see how we go.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 10:33:31 am »
Oh gosh, you must be stressed out. I don't worry about the stains on mine, but then I don't have to return it to anyone. I hope Judy's idea works.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Polyidus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 08:53:17 am »
Hi there,

Put the lid of your TM in the sun - providing it's sunny where you are.  The Tumeric stains are photo sensitive and disappear quickly.

Poly

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro