Author Topic: Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Satay Sauce and Coconut Rice (with photo)  (Read 177616 times)

Offline arcadia

• View Profile
Re: Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Satay Sauce and Coconut Rice (with photo)
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2013, 06:48:45 am »
I made this the other night and it was loved by everyone.  Did have to triple it so cooked the meat first in 2 layers then the veges in 2 layers, then finished the sauce.  We will definitely be having this again.

Offline LauraTO

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2014, 02:38:02 am »
Made this tonight and it was delicious! I think quirkyjo's family must be rice monsters because I would do maybe half the rice, or less, next time. Also less parsley for the sauce because my sauce was a bit too green looking. Next time I need to be more careful to make holes for the steam. My chicken took a lot longer to cook because I don't think I was careful enough with that.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2014, 02:51:11 am »
Oh yes I use about 500g chicken and reduce the rice by half. Otherwise it feeds an army!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Satay Sauce and Coconut Rice (with photo)
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2014, 11:17:51 am »
The leftover rice is really nice the next day with just the green sauce poured over 😉 Both the sauce and rice freeze well (separately) too.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
The fruit and veg delivery gave me ginger instead of garlic so it was the perfect excuse to have this again (not that I really need one) We all love this.
Oh yes I use about 500g chicken and reduce the rice by half. Otherwise it feeds an army!
Yep it feeds an army. This is one of the very few dishes where there may be leftovers (usually some rice and sauce and a few bits of veg) for me for lunch the next day.
Love it :) :) :)
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline LauraTO

• View Profile
I've made this a few times now and it's always delicious! The sauce is really nice the next day with salmon done in the varoma.

Offline matmob

• View Profile
I didn't realise this recipe was on this forum - I got it from Jo's blog site.  It is absolutely delicious - one of our favourite TM meals.  I always make the full quantity of rice as I love leftovers :)

Offline moysie

• View Profile
Making this tonight, can't wait, I keep checking the time to see if it's late enough for dinner lol!  :D

Offline matmob

• View Profile
Did you make it moysie?  How did it go?

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2014, 11:00:08 am »
Delicious as always.

Offline moysie

• View Profile
Did you make it moysie?  How did it go?

I did and have made it since, it's a winner here!

Offline JuicyFruit

• View Profile
This is one of our favourites too  ;)
~ Clare

Offline Leontine

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2014, 07:04:58 pm »
Made this today and we liked it very much!! Rice is to much but very nice so tomorrow use it for something else.  Thanks for the recipe!!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 16, 2014, 12:20:16 am »
This is one of my favourite dishes but for some reason hadn't made it for a long time so cooked it up at the weekend.  I use tofu instead of chicken as I am vegetarian and tried something different this time - after marinating the tofu for 10 - 15 minutes, I tossed it into an oven dish and roasted it for 10 - 15 minutes, it was really nice.   I might try it with chick peas or cannellini beans next time instead of tofu.

This makes more than enough for two meals. 
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline LillyPilly

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2014, 09:22:49 pm »
Thank you, Jo. This was the first meal I cooked in my new machine. I love how it all came together so effortlessly,  it will be just the perfect dish for those too-hot-to -ook (or breathe) days ahead. 

I was blown away by how perfectly the rice cooked, and I love how I was able to fit in so much veg. Next time, which will be soon, I think I'd like to replace the soy sauce with fish sauce and introduce lime somewhere, zest, leaves, juice? in the sauce, on the chicken?, not sure yet. Just a personal preference for that flavour combination.
TM5, delivered 05/11/2014 😍