Author Topic: Heya from St. Louis  (Read 3948 times)

Offline squadricus

• View Profile
Heya from St. Louis
« on: August 08, 2016, 05:33:13 pm »
Proud new owner of a (120V) TM21 I found complete with Varoma and rollabout bag, but regrettably no paperwork.

I think I have found what info there is on converting recipes from the newer TMs, and the differences between the TM21 and the TM31.

Any historians out there with a decoder ring for serial nos. to determine its age?

So far I have only ground up sugars, but very impressed with it vs. Vitamix and food grinder attachment for Assistent mixer.

Would there be many recipes for later TMs that only run in reverse?  Wondering if a dull set of blades would be worth a try . . .

Rex

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Heya from St. Louis
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 01:36:04 am »
Hello Rex, welcome to our forum. I've tried to find a contact email address for Vorwerk for you but cannot do so.  They could supply some of the information you've asked for.

In regard to recipes cooked on reverse, things like custard, bechamel sauce, soups could be made using that function and have a look at this recipe http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=4927.0. I'm not sure why you want recipes which cook on reverse only but apart from the original chopping, the whole recipe is cooked on reverse.  You could chop the onion etc by hand.

Have a browse through our recipes, a lot of the main meals are cooked on reverse to prevent the meat breaking up so I'm sure you will find plenty of recipes to try.

If there are still any TM21 owners still on our forum, perhaps they can give you more advice.  I have the TM31 but there is a later model than that now, the TM5.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 08:56:07 am »
Welcome to the Forum Rex.

Most people who post regularly here on the Forum own a TM31 or a TM5. I believe owners of a TM21 insert the "butterfly" if they want to cook gently.You could try this with your idea of blunt blades to achieve the same affect as reverse.
Never go above speed 4 with the "butterfly" inserted as it will come off and get mangled.

Have fun cooking. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 12:53:04 pm »
Hello and welcome Rex. Judy and CC have given you great advice, I hope it helps.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 10:45:17 pm »
Welcome to the forum Rex, I have been to St.Louis quite a few times. I have relatives that live across the river in Illinois.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 03:33:51 am »
Hi and welcome Rex, I had a TM21 for my Mum, and I used the same recipes as the TM31 i had, no worries.
I have a TM5 now.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 05:01:53 am »
Welcome to the forum Rex.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 09:58:59 am »
Welcome to the forum Rex!