Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6074207 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #20775 on: July 31, 2017, 02:44:36 am »
Very fancy Chookie, they're very clever aren't they.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #20776 on: July 31, 2017, 08:21:07 am »
It was hot chocolate made with Soy milk. It was delicious.
I have made Chicken veggie soup . Spent 1/2 day in the garden. It was just like early spring spring.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 08:24:31 am by achookwoman »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20777 on: August 04, 2017, 07:46:07 am »
I had my hair cut this morning. I had the boss do it today as my regular girl was away. I will have her for ever now as she cut it really well for me.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20778 on: August 04, 2017, 04:46:19 pm »
I had my hair cut this morning. I had the boss do it today as my regular girl was away. I will have her for ever now as she cut it really well for me.
It's great when you get a good hairdresser Cookie.Mine is heavily pregnant and leaving soon for maternity leave, so I'll be on the lookout for a new hairdresser.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #20779 on: August 04, 2017, 09:22:15 pm »
I got my hair cut yesterday as well.  After about 15 years going to a fairly average hairdresser, I was lucky in that I stumbled across a great cutter about 2 years ago so I always make a point of going to her now.  A good hair cut certainly makes a huge difference.

Can anyone tell me why they have such loud and awful music in hair salons?  Both, my old one and my current one both make me suffer an hour or so of dreadful noise anyway.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #20780 on: August 05, 2017, 12:36:00 am »
I have been going to the same hairdresser for since 1984 when she first finished her apprenticeship.  If she moves salons I follow :).  She now works from home and the music is always quiet and restful.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #20781 on: August 05, 2017, 02:26:26 am »
I taught our hairdresser when I first started teaching. He does both Rals and my hair. No music which is a plus.   He is in Melbourne so a good excuse to visit every 6 weeks. He is recognised for his ability to cut and doesn't charge a fortune. He is also on our side of Melbourne so don't have to go through the city.
He now has GC.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20782 on: August 05, 2017, 01:29:35 pm »
I went to the Apple store and bought my new iPad. Thanks for your help Gert. I bought an Ad Pro, 256GB, wifi and cellular. I didn't buy a pencil as DD has one and said I could share until I decided if I wanted one.
I bought a rose gold colour one. I had trouble buying a cover for it and went to several places ( Apple didn't have any of the type I like left) and ended up going to another shopping centre and bought a red one, the only one I could buy. Not a good match but maybe later I can swap.
I haven't finished setting all the bits up as yet, I keep having to annoy DD.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #20783 on: August 05, 2017, 11:35:38 pm »
Lovely , Cookie. Ral loves his. Hasn't  used the pencil but the GC have their eyes on it.

This morning I have been reading about the rubbish waste problem in Victoria. We make an effort to recycle as much as possible. Food seems to be a big problem state wide.  We have the chooks, a worm farm and a compost heap. Very little food wast goes into our bins. But I am concerned about the hard stuff, cardboard boxes that food is packaged in as well as cans. I buy as much as I can ib bulkand in glass jars which I then use for jam. Most of this is given away.  We will continue to make an effort to reduce our waste.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #20784 on: August 06, 2017, 03:15:29 am »
Yes, waste is a huge problem.  Like you, we try to avoid throwing out as much as possible.  So many products you buy these days are 'over packaged'  and it is terribly wasteful and, in many cases, senseless.  So long as it hasn't got shiny, colourful print on it we use a lot of our cardboard as mulch.  Apparently there is now a process available that can dispose of polystyrene foam, but not sure just how effective that is and whether or not it uses poisonous chemicals or leaves a toxic residue - that would save a huge amount of bulk that simply never breaks down in the tip.  And I won't go into the mess that single use plastic bags make, because that would make me a hypocrite as I re-use them in the rubbish bin.  That will have to change soon, of course, but for now I can't criticise them! :-[

Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20785 on: August 06, 2017, 05:18:45 am »
I totally agree with you both about waste. It is a major problem. I think 4 Corners is about waste this week. I'm guilty of the plastic bags as I also use them in my rubbish bin. If I have too many I do return them.

I've been trying to get my iPad going this morning. At least I got onto the forum! Would you believe I forgot my password, yet we have to use it when moderating? I had a total blank.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #20786 on: August 06, 2017, 07:03:05 am »
Cookie, glad to hear that someone else has blanks. I had to take my little black book with all our passwords when we went to the Apple shop.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20787 on: August 06, 2017, 09:44:57 am »
Me too.😊😊

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #20788 on: August 07, 2017, 08:18:54 am »
A visit to the doctor this morning, nothing serious.  Vegetable shopping after lunch and then had my hair cut.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20789 on: August 07, 2017, 11:22:23 am »
The usual but then I went to the 4 pm session of The Big Sick which I thoroughly enjoyed with only 1 other person in the theatre!  We had a conversation before the movie started.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.