Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9022853 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #29130 on: July 28, 2016, 11:31:29 pm »
MAB19 the sweet and sour sausage casserole is that a Fourm recipe ? 

This isn't a forum recipe.  It's just something I made up just a mix of various things.  I'll send you a PM later.

The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29131 on: July 29, 2016, 09:20:54 am »
Have looked at a few of the recipes on that site Katj, I now have to get back to it and look at all of them on her list.  Will be making some for sure.  Thanks for the heads up on that SC site.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #29132 on: July 29, 2016, 09:01:59 pm »
Made a new dish with egg plant.  Suitable as a side.  Will post as it is a keeper.
Today I will be experimenting with a healthy fermented  drink mix based on organic Apple cider vinegar and ginger.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #29133 on: July 30, 2016, 05:19:51 am »
Thanks for the slow cooker recipe site Katj.  There are some nice recipes on there.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29134 on: July 30, 2016, 08:17:10 am »
I spent 7 hours on that site Katj and now have a whole list of recipes for the SC that are right up my alley.  Easy enough to replace canned soup in a few recipes but other than that, the ingredients are what we have on hand.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29135 on: July 30, 2016, 08:49:46 am »
This morning I made 4 individual cauli/broccoli au-gratins before I went out then this afternoon I tried Chookie's new eggplant/potato recipe http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=17166.0.  I like to have veggie options in the freezer to go with my SC meat meals.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29136 on: July 30, 2016, 01:41:40 pm »
We will be away only for a couple of weeks Chookie. The first week is camping and the second in a caravan park. I've made a fruit cake and biscuits that will last the 2 weeks for coffee time. Bread that will do almost a week I hope, it can be toasted when it gets stale. I've made a couple of casseroles and frozen them, we will put them in the bottom of the Engel and they will take a few days to defrost. We should be in Carnarvon then and can restock.

Thanks for the SC site Katie.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #29137 on: July 30, 2016, 11:06:10 pm »
Cookie, thanks, you are very well organised . You should have a great time.  We have an Engel that we leave in the back of the car.  Couldn't live without it.
Katie, thanks from me also for the SC info. I have a folio ? on my iPad called latest. I pop any interesting Blogs or lists of recipes such as this into it.
I have taken a tray of Chicken breasts out of Freezer and have to decide what to do with them. I have posted a couple of recipes on the Forum, to cook in Varoma, so will probably use one of these.
I saw a recipe by Nigella for Salmon. It was marinaded in a mixture of English mustard, Saki ( I used Vodka), soy sauce and a little oil. Then cooked in non stick pan.  I saved the small amount of marinade and added a little fish sauce to it and heated it to make a sauce.  It was delicious. Served with TMX rice and stir fried veggies.
Could cook it in the marinade in the Varoma, but I do like the crispy Salmon skin.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 11:19:28 pm by achookwoman »

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #29138 on: July 31, 2016, 12:11:32 am »
We had the last of the SC'd Curried Mince last night. I used up last couple of potatoes, added a sweet potato and made a mash to top the mince. Voila, curried shepherds pie. I served it with some greens. Very tasty.
Glad some of you are enjoying the Slowcookercentral.com website. I laughed Judy when you said you spent all those hours looking on it, so easy to do, and even if you only get a few keepers from it, to me it's worth every hour spent.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29139 on: July 31, 2016, 02:29:45 am »
I keep a book with links to recipes (I lost or misplaced the last one I'd made so I started another one recently) and from Slowcookercentral.com I now have 3.5 pages of recipes which appeal to me Katj.  It is the only SC webpage I need now so I can delete all the others that feed into my FB page.  I even sent the link to DD2 as I feel the recipes are so easy for her to throw together before heading off to work.  There were so many there that the kids would enjoy.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #29140 on: July 31, 2016, 12:39:56 pm »
Chookie, the salmon sounds delicious. I love the crispy skin too. Yesterday I made another batch of bagels, and piped some buttercream flowers. Today I had to make some cupcakes to decorate with the flowers and some bread for lunches tomorrow. I'm pretty tired now as I went to the growers market this morning and spent the afternoon traipsing around the city whilst the kids hunted Pokemon. Although overcast, it was relatively warm today so it was rather nice exploring the city.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #29141 on: July 31, 2016, 10:55:16 pm »
Yesterday I made Dutch Baby ( pancake) by Adam Liaw. It is similar to a large Yorkshire Pud. Very easy and delicious. Recipe said berries but I used Raspberry jam to go with the bananas. I made the batter in the TMX.
Also made a mini seed loaf in SC. used it to make ham, nectarine chutney and home grown lettuce sandwiches for lunch.
Neighbour called in to see that we were managing ok. She has been buying 6 SD crumpets for $10. I gave her some.

ES, you amaze me with your energy . Good baking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #29142 on: July 31, 2016, 11:33:50 pm »
I have just noticed Tenina has just posted a recipe for pancakes, popovers and Youkshire puds. I will try her recipe next time.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #29143 on: August 02, 2016, 09:43:43 pm »
Made a health drink in the TMX.  Called switchel. Apple cider vinegar, ( the cloudy one with the mother), grated fresh ginger, black strap molasses ( or honey or maple syrup or Stevia), lemon juice and water. Serve over ice and with fizzy water.
Think this is going to be our Summer drink.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29144 on: August 03, 2016, 01:14:16 am »
Your neighbour might pop in more often now Chookie LOL.