Author Topic: Trouble Getting A Demo ?????  (Read 4926 times)

Offline past94x

• View Profile
Trouble Getting A Demo ?????
« on: January 02, 2013, 06:24:18 pm »
Hi, I live in the Uk (Bedfordshire) and have been requesting a demo, on and off,  for about a month now, but nothing is happening. Any ideas what I have to do to get something organised? Thanks so much. I would really prefer to visit a TM owner rather than have them come to my home.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble Getting A Demo ?????
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:46:51 pm »
I presume you have contacted HO In Berkshire past94x?
There is a blogger called Why is There Air who is an independent Consultant who runs her own team.Maybe if you contact her she might be able to help you. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 07:04:32 pm »
I also see Nik has just posted her details maybe she might help you past94x  :)
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline past94x

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 07:13:57 pm »
Thanks so much for your speedy reply. I have tried to make contact with Whyisthereair in the past, but it seems her website isn't working properly and I haven't managed to contact anyone. I've just tried again, with the same results.
The demonstrator who has just replied "Nik" is in Hampshire, which is about 100 miles from where I live, so too far away really.  Guess I'll just hang on and see if anyone contacts me. I have phoned the number of the main website a couple of times, and they keep promising to get back to me, but , so far, I've heard nothing.
I have to admit it's kind of putting me of the Thermomix purchase all together, which is such a shame as I was quite keen. Thanks so much for trying to help me, I really appreciate it.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 07:23:04 pm »
Hi past94x - why not send the UK HO an email stating just that and in those words!  It might be just the time of year but you'd think they'd be falling over themselves to set up a contact with someone as keen as you are.  Good luck!  Do you know anyone who already has a TMX?  If so maybe they could help through their consultant . . .

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 07:24:23 pm »
I've just sent you a PM past94x with a suggestion that might help ;)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 07:35:42 pm »
Another thought  ;D are these venues any good for you?

Offline past94x

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 12:25:51 pm »
I had already gone through that list before Christmas, but they are all too far away. However, if all else fails, I shall have to travel.  Thankyou so very much for taking the time to help me. If and when I get a demo fixed, I'll let you know the outcome. Thanks again.

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 08:38:23 pm »
I am in Hampshire but I do have friends that live near Bedford.  It would mean me coming to you but I'd be happy to travel (especially since I could combine it with an evening of wine drinking at my friends.

If you want to send me a PM I'd be happy to do some digging to find out who is near to you.  Whyisthereair is my team leader (Jane Etherton) and I'd be happy to speak to her to find out if she has anyone that way but as far as I'm aware most of her team are London way (she lives in Farnham)

How are you fixed for Huntingdon?  There is a demonstration there next Wednesday

http://www.ukthermomix.com/ontour.php

HTH

Nik xx
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline past94x

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 03:46:40 pm »
Hi Nik,
Thanks so much for your reply but, just two minutes ago, I had an email from a demonstrator who is about 5 miles from me! (I had called HO again) I am about to return her call and arrange a demo. I cannot wait to actually see  this machine now, after all I have read about it. Thankyou so very much for your kind offer, but hopefully, I may now have it sorted. I'll report back.  Thanks agaim.

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 07:07:29 pm »
Hooray

Glad to hear it

Nik xx
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 04:19:49 am »
Good news.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 05:00:06 am »
Any one know of a demonstrator in Essex UK, my mum and her friends would love to see TMX.