Author Topic: 'Fast and Easy Cooking' - the Thermomix TMM31 Recipe Book...  (Read 5700 times)

Offline Andrealphus

• View Profile
Help - 'Fast and Easy Cooking' recipe fails!!! Carrot and coriander soup, and (adult) pea puree...

So, in reverse order - I made the pea puree from the thermomix booklet to the letter, expecting to end up with a nice smooth puree I could swish around one side of the plate with my scallops and pancetta: No, I got what I'd describe as quite a thin pea soup (so I poured it out, reserved a few tablespoons and blitzed them with a whole pack of peas that I quickly cooked, to get what I'd call a puree).

I tried the carrot and coriander soup today - again, to the letter - and I got what could best be described as a vaguely carrot flavoured dishwater. AND... the damn stuff was spurting out of the crack between the MC and the lid and scalding me when I was attempting to blitz it for the last minute at speed 9 (as directed). I ended up tipping in extra coriander, stock, sugar and lemon juice (on top of seasoning) as well as a heap of cornflour to thicken it up to something of a soup-like consistency.

Seriously disappointed with the recipes for hot food from their own book so far, any comments from anyone else who has used it??

mcmich

Re: 'Fast and Easy Cooking' - the Thermomix TMM31 Recipe Book...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 09:03:46 pm »
Andrea, I haven't made the carrot and coriander soup from the cookbook but had the same problem with the potato soup, a bit watery for my tastes. I would try recipes from here or convert some of your own favourites.

Pop a tea towel over the lid to avoid the splattering and steam when pureeing hot food.  :)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 09:17:15 pm »
I only make a few recioes from the basic book.

Try recipes from here, some really good ones :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 01:44:40 am »
Same here, our recipes have been tried and tested and in a lot of cases reviews are posted.  Have you seen our recipe book review list?   Always check there before doing any recipe from one of the books so that you can find out what others have done to improve a recipe or whether you can go ahead and just follow the recipe.  Neither of the recipes you tried from Fast & Easy have been reviewed though so in your case the list wouldn't have helped you today.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Andrealphus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 04:07:21 am »
Thanks everyone, that makes me feel a bit better!

I also have the 'In The Mix' TMX cook book, and looking forward to trying a few restaurant quality recipes...

I guess I better start searching a bit more in depth here! :)

mcmich

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 03:21:10 pm »
I love In The Mix Cook Book - not shared by many on the forum. The deconstructed lemon meringue pie is amazing  :D

Offline Andrealphus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 11:38:46 pm »
Oooh yes, I've already folded the page on that one to do, looks gorgeous! :)