Author Topic: Thermomix apps  (Read 19795 times)

Offline Laurak

• View Profile
Thermomix apps
« on: October 04, 2014, 06:22:29 am »
Has anyone got a favourite thermomix app for Apple products? I have looked and there are a few but wanted to know other people opinions.
Thanks

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 06:38:06 am »
Best one I would have would be tapatalk. So I can access all the fabulous recipes on here!

Offline Siren

• View Profile
    • Bibliobubble blog
Re: Thermomix apps
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 08:55:49 am »
I have the official Thermomix app for iPhone, which is basically a really cost-effective way of buying Vorwerk's "My Way of Cooking" recipe book.  The description in iTunes says that it has 145 recipes, but when I count them up, it seems to be 174.  I have made a few things from it, with great success.  And the app is nicely designed, with a shopping trolley feature as well as the recipes themselves.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 11:20:40 am »
Hi Laurak,  sorry I haven't downloaded any Thermomix apps , haven't felt the need, I do have Snap recipes and found that good for saving favourite recipes.  I have thought about Tapatalk, only because I find it hard to download photos on here.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 12:03:07 pm »
I also like Snap recipes.  I have a few TMX apps and wouldn't recommend any of them.  A couple have pinched my recipes , without credit and posted them as their own.  Think you are better to try some recipes from different TMX Blogs and even try converting your own.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 12:06:59 pm »
Laura, have you seen our list of URL links to people's TMX blogs?   There are some great blogs there and recipes a plenty.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 12:35:06 pm »
Wow Judy I have never seen that list.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 12:46:43 pm »
Wow Judy I have never seen that list.
ROFL.

I also have snap Recipes. I love it. No more millions of pieces of paper hanging round. I now "snap" it and if I haven't made it in a few months I delete it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Laurak

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 12:47:49 pm »
Judy oh my gosh thanks for the list of URLs that will keep me busy looking. Thank

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 02:09:51 pm »
AB, where have you been  :o  :D :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 02:37:45 pm »
Would someone mind telling me how SNAP works?  It have all kinds of paper recipes hanging around, you know, some here, some there.......It would be nice to have them stored on my iPad if that is what it does.  Thanks!

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 09:43:33 pm »
I too have Snap recipes and find it wonderful.
Elsie once you download the app.  it has 2 parts one is to add and the other is to view.  In the add section all you do is take a photo of your recipe, this can be from a magazine, book and even the computer screen.  It then lets you add a title to the recipe, can add notes.  There are different group headings Meat Dessert etc and can also add your own.  Then save it. When you want to cook, just bring up the recipe in the view section and cook away.  As Cookie said if you don't want to keep the recipe just delete it.  I am finding  I am not printing recipes like I use to so saving lots of paper  ;D

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 11:18:50 pm »
When I save recipes from the iPad I just copy the recipe open Snap and paste it  in the notes you could take a photo of  finished recipe and load that too, it is easy to add or delete , so any little variants that you like can be edited

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 01:40:27 am »
Thank you for the info.  I will give it a look.  So far, I have been copying on-line recipes into "Notes" which doesn't have an index so that is frustrating, although the search function is pretty good.  but meantime, of course, paper abounds.  This may just be what I am looking for.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 03:57:00 am »
Elsie I think in was about $4 , but after trying several others I was about to give up, this one is easy.