3 (0.5%)
Sth Africa
3 (0.5%)
Other African country
0 (0%)
Other
2 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 588

Author Topic: Karen's Poll - where are you from???  (Read 150626 times)

Offline MrSpock

• View Profile
Re: Karen's Poll - where are you from???
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 01:52:38 am »
Welcome MrSpock - great to see a North American here - Canadians seem to be ahead of their southern cousins with Thermomix.

It helps that we can actually *buy* them! I must admit I'm not yet grasping the Vorwerk's business strategy of keeping the Thermomix a secret! *g*
See everybody's searching for...that attitude chicken ~ Bob Geldof

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2009, 08:12:17 am »
C'est vrai - a BIG secret in the world.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2009, 08:30:29 am »
Maybe they can't keep up with the demand in Europe so don't want too many orders from elsewhere.  Just a thought but probably wrong. :P :P :P :P 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 09:11:59 am »
Think they want to sell lots - there are lots of little incentives to sell out their at present. 
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline MrSpock

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 07:03:08 pm »
Unfortunately at the current price, I don't see it coming out of the niche market of restaurants and "dinks" (double income no kids). When I tell people how much I paid for my new "toy", everyone is looking at me funny. What's more frustrating is that it's perfectly OK to buy a big screen TV for the same price, but for a kitchen appliance that will save you some effort, it's unacceptable. I hate those double standards!

PS: I don't know how "by the book" we are here for out of topic conversations, so I apologize in advance if I'm breaking any rules!

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 08:45:53 pm »
No rules broken. Here is 100% freedom of speech (apart from rude words)!!! :)  Great posts your are giving us. Please feel at home and post to your heart's content

Enjoy

Admin :)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009, 10:53:01 pm »
mr spock, i posted soemthing similar on my blog when the price went up here a few months ago! bad time for it to go up.  i guess consultants have really got to push the cost savings to offset the price.
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline MrSpock

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 11:45:10 pm »
mr spock, i posted soemthing similar on my blog when the price went up here a few months ago! bad time for it to go up.  i guess consultants have really got to push the cost savings to offset the price.

But I'm not seeing that either! With all my fancy French recipes my grocery bill actually went UP! Don't get me wrong, I love my TMX, but cost saving is not the point I would use to sell it to my friends. Then again, I only had it a couple of weeks, so I have much to learn I guess :)

It might be that fresh produces are much more expensive than nasty prepared food here in Canada, since we have local produces just a few months a year...

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 11:56:06 pm »
LOL!!

no fancy french cuisine in my house ;)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2009, 01:45:25 am »

It might be that fresh produces are much more expensive than nasty prepared food here in Canada, since we have local produces just a few months a year...

ROFL no fancy cuisine in my house either....think you might be onto something with the local produces and the price perhaps. You will just have to think of all the time it saves you instead!  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2009, 03:03:52 am »
Even at the demo, my consultant asked me whether I thought I would save money by buying the TMX and I immediately said no, because I would be trying all sorts of different things which I was not eating or drinking before.  eg making my own orange juice.  Oranges are reasonably expensive just to juice and, pre-TMX, I never bought orange juice, just the odd orange to eat as a piece of fruit.  Now I have to buy whole bags full :D  I never bought dips but now I am buying ingredients to make them occasionally and so the list goes on.  BUT it is a whole new way of life in my kitchen (I have always loved being in there) and you just want to use it more and more and try different things.  We hardly ever go out for a meal nowadays. I haven't even bothered to get the 2009/2010 Entertainment Book (Aussies will know what this is, others - it is a book of vouchers for 2 for the price of 1 meals).  I find the cooler weather is ideal for cooking meals in the TMX - during our hot summers here it probably gets used more for desserts and drinks rather than main courses when we just want to have BBQ's and salads.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline MrSpock

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2009, 01:13:27 am »
OK, so 401 members, but only 61 responses to Karen's Poll. that's a lot of very shy people y'all! Come out of the woodworks, especially if you're from North America!  8)

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2009, 09:17:26 am »
OK, so 401 members, but only 61 responses to Karen's Poll. that's a lot of very shy people y'all! Come out of the woodworks, especially if you're from North America!  8)

Come out, come out from WHERE EVER you are!! lol
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2009, 08:30:55 pm »
Well I have to add, that I DO save a huge amount on my weekly shopping, since I have had THX my weekly shopping bill has reduced to half. 6 months ago my average weekly shop was 200€ and now its 100€, that is a huge saving for me! As you can imagine, with 3 very hungry kids, I am elated and now with the Washing Goo, its fantastic! I think the difference is that now I use up all leftovers of fruit or veg or anything really and knock something up, hence soup or ice-cream ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) And my freezer is absolutely chocca!!!
Amanda

Spain

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2009, 04:03:18 am »
C'mon you guys from the States.....  vote !!!!   Need to improve our representation :)