Author Topic: Tahini  (Read 25935 times)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
Re: Tahini
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 10:21:08 pm »
Sounds good, karen - must try it!
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Bonsai

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 01:47:48 pm »
Haven't got around to making tahini yet (still finishing the jar I have). It seems as if it is quite sticky and hard to get out of the TMX - maybe after it is 'ready' putting it on reverse stir at 37 C may soften it enough to make it easier to get into a jar. I often stand my tahini jar in warm water to make the contents cooperate!

Offline ahoney

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 04:48:59 am »
Mine has turned out quite gritty not at all like store bought Tahini, I used hulled organic sesame seeds and sesame oil and had to add a lot of water as I just had a gritty paste, have I done something wrong?

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 10:52:52 am »
Made this today to use with hommus.It needed a lot of mixing and scraping and mixing and scraping. But overall I liked the way I can toast the sesame seeds in the TM and then just blitz it.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 11:32:08 am »
So would you make it again jamberrie?

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 11:39:09 am »
Yes definitely. I wouldn't say it is yummy, just because its not my thing. But it is very convenient to keep sesame seeds and just make the tahini from scratch when I need some. Quicker than finding it at the shops and without the additives.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2012, 12:07:07 pm »
Yes true. Sadly I bought a jar early tmx days and am still waiting for it to run out so I can make my own. But you can only eat so much hommus.

Offline France

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2013, 08:31:21 am »
I know this is an old thread but I love tahini and i love the hummus that Maria Emmerich  makes on her blog (I'm not affiliated with her, I just love her no-grain low-carb recipes!!!) it's made with... Zucchini! and I even dip zucchini slices in it (overload, perhaps but it's YUMMY!): zucchini hummus
That'll use up a bit of Tahini! (it's not a Thermomix recipe but I think it can easily be converted! I haven't made it since I had my thermie, must put it on my to-do list on the weekend!)

She even has a cinnamon "sugar" version on the same page (she uses natural sweeteners, you could definitely use sugar or rapadura in their place though that will change the nutritional value!)

Fremantle, WA - Thermomixing since 2 March 2013