Author Topic: I know I shouldn't say this but I am going to anyway....  (Read 32327 times)

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
I know I shouldn't say this but I am going to anyway....
« on: December 06, 2013, 12:36:58 am »
A FB group suggestion came up on my page to join 'Bellini Addicts' so I thought I would to get some recipes. Had to stop reading as I was smirking too much. Every post was about how to avoid the motor burning out (when making sorbets!!!!!!!), how to fix things or how long to blend things (5 mins for something that takes my TMX 20 secs!).

And the dig at the fact that only people who have a TMX are rich (we are low income, have a HCC and thank goodness for the TMX otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford to eat decent food).

Anyway, I am going to get off the group, but I would recommend anyone deciding which one to buy to go an check it out.........

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: I know I shouldn't say this but I am going to anyway....
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 12:41:10 am »
maybe they are jealous of the thermomix
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 01:52:08 am »
It's sad for those that bought the Bellini machine. It is also nice to have our choice of machine verified. We had just retired when I bought my machine and I felt guilty until I had it for about 3 weeks. I think I have paid for it in just the savings I make on baking our own bread. The sad thing is , now we dislike bought bread, even the expensive stuff.
There isn't a day goes by that I don't say thanks to my thermomix. For the cooking it makes so easy, for this forum and for the friends I have made all over the world.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 01:54:19 am »
Well said Cookie  :)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 02:10:05 am »
I get sick of reading how TM owners are so "defensive" about their machines. I feel that for the most part people who think they are too expensive cant justify why people are prepared to spend that much in the first place, and most likely haven't seen them in action.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 02:25:51 am »
Only cooks can understand why we don't think $2000 is too much to spend on a machine, how many buy new TV's without batting an eyelid and if they buy takeaway, imagine how much they could save with a TMX.  You are always going to hear negativity from those who just don't get it or have never even seen a demo.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: I know I shouldn't say this but I am going to anyway....
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 05:53:48 am »
I say the same thing Judy our tv cost more than the tmx and it doesn't do anything close to what the tm does this is how I justify it to people not that I should have to ::)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 06:20:15 am »
Just the savings in take aways alone makes it worth while. We dont do take away, probably because we always have so much ready to eat healthy food on hand.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 06:21:35 am »
I say the same thing Judy our tv cost more than the tmx and it doesn't do anything close to what the tm does this is how I justify it to people not that I should have to ::)

I agree with you all and our TV cost more than my beloved TMX ... all it does is encourage the family to sit on their big butts and get bigger butts, unfit and unhealthy!!

Going before I get into a full on rant  :P :P
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

stacelee

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 07:43:46 am »
Its all about priorities...I'm constantly getting rude comments from acquaintances about my expenditure on tea...and the people who are usually the rudest about it are those who don't think twice about spending $20++++ dollars on a bottle of wine or alcohol and yet my tea costs just over 1/2 of that and is a hell of a lot healthier for me. 
I own three of the induction machines that are on the market and thought for a while about getting a bellini when they were cheap to use to make soap.   Each of my three machines has a favourite purpose that I use it for...and I wouldn't look down on anyone for not wanting to buy any one of the three.  I love my thermomix, love my kenwood cooking chef and like my thermochef.  I would go out tomorrow and replace the thermomix if it broke, the kenwood I'd have to decide whether to replace or to go back to a commercial kitchenaid but that is mainly because I can get the kitchenaids at the right price and the thermochef I probably wouldn't replace but that is because it is an adequate machine not a great machine and I'm still waiting on one of our suppliers to get their act together and release their machine (which I REALLY want) onto the Australian market.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 07:58:18 am »
Too funny. I have seen many blogs and forums demonising Thermomix owners. Just makes me laugh and one persistent  boorish past member here still slags us every chance he gets on several forums using  different names. His beef is the way it is sold and he could not get his own way to just buy it off the shelf. He finally bought another machine but the only thing he ever seems to make is custard and has even broken his butterfly doing it!  He mentions me every chance he gets as a witch. Sends me Into  hysterics. Best to let them get on with it. If it works for them all good. I am sure there will be a few under the tree this year.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Connars nan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 11:28:18 am »
Yes there is one under the tree for my son and his wife who are having a baby in April so I thought it would be the perfect  present

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2013, 11:31:19 am »
You are so nice to do that. I hope they join the forum.  :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2013, 11:33:08 am »
Yes do suggest they do that Connars Nan - perhaps even print them off a few of your favourite recipes to get them started.  Love Mums who buy their kids a TMX  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 12:39:06 pm »
What a terrific gift to give your DS and DIL Connars Nan 8)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.