Author Topic: Rock Cake Recipe?  (Read 5607 times)

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
Rock Cake Recipe?
« on: March 01, 2011, 04:27:39 am »
I love rock cakes and thought I'd give them a try if anyone has a recipe. There's one in the EDC I think, but I'm always reluctant to try recipes in that book!

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: Rock Cake Recipe?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 04:42:17 am »
I know what you mean about the EDC ;D. We make the rock cakes from the EDC quite often though and really enjoy them. 

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 10:52:55 pm »
The ones in the EDC are my husbands favorite....it is the first thing he asks for if I offer him a choice for morning tea. He prefers them with lemon zest to vanilla. I use a touch less milk to make them a little more rocky than sconey....if thats a word  ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 11:43:54 pm »
It's nice to hear something positive about a EDC recipe - I'm not that fond of that book either except for the basic instructions area and something to refer to when converting my own recipes.
I made rock cakes when I was very young (a long time ago  ;D) and they were so rocky I could have used them for a rock garden  :P :P
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 02:39:57 am »
thanks everyone, perhaps I should stop being so sceptical and give the EDC a go once in a while!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 03:58:33 am »
I tend to agree with your sentiments, LMT; when you have got all the great recipes on this forum to use, why go to a recipe that you can't trust.  However, after my conversion of the Beef Stroganoff to a vegetarian version last weekend I could almost forgive the EDC and maybe try another couple of recipes.  I must admit, there are some things there that are really good - custard, etc. so I'm not totally anti EDC, just quite mistrustful!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.