Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4503011 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #15315 on: May 25, 2017, 01:06:46 am »
Nice buys cookie, you obviously found room in the van for them.
Chookie, your new shoes sound very pretty and perfect for when you're relaxing.

I've scattered the pots throughout the renovated area cookie, they are filled with succulents from my own garden.  I need some more but haven't had the time to get back to the pot shop yet.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #15316 on: May 25, 2017, 01:41:18 pm »
I havejust had 2 lovely days shopping. Bought lots of bits and pieces that I haven't had time to buy since shifting.  Ral gives me a very nice gift card from DJ's each year. I am very mean and careful using it :-))

Cookie, isn't it fun buying and trying things that you could make. I often pay an outrageous price for something so that I can make it at home. I bought a small jar of nut paste for $12. Made it for $4. Also some Almonds baked in pesto for $15. Made for $5.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15317 on: May 26, 2017, 09:18:53 am »
Reported to moderator in case this is a scam
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15318 on: June 01, 2017, 07:53:37 am »
I had to go and buy a new heater for work today and ended up at The Good Guys’ shop in Preston (Melbourne).  I got the heater – fairly boring shopping – but the highlight was that there was a small area for Lakeland products (the English company).  They have very good products and I used to get lots of stuff from them when we lived in Scotland, but nothing since leaving … now I know where to go to feed my addiction.  I was really restrained and only purchased a colander of a type that I have never seen before – it has drainage holes right around it, very similar to a sieve.  I will be so glad to see the back of my ‘traditional’ style colander which always drove me mad as there was always water left on the bottom.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15319 on: June 01, 2017, 12:38:05 pm »
That sounds brilliant Marina.

Does anyone have a Dyson stick cleaner please? I'm thinking of getting one to pick up bits in our living area each day and was wondering which is the best.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15320 on: June 01, 2017, 03:16:26 pm »
I love my Dyson cookie. I don't think I have ever run around with a vacuum cleaner before like I do with this light machine.  I intend sometimes just doing the kitchen but end up doing the whole house as it's that easy. My normal Hoover upright now feels like a tonne of bricks.  I just bought the cheapest one they had and I make sure it's emptied after each vacuum (that can be a bit fiddly until you get the hang of it), I clean the filter once a month and it does the whole house on a single charge. I have wooden floors, tiles and my carpet pile is very low (necessary for the wheelchair days) so I can't speak for what it's like on normal household carpet.  I love the fact it's so light and there are no cords.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15321 on: June 01, 2017, 04:09:13 pm »
I love Lakeland Marina and spend a fortune if let loose in one of their stores LOL.

Love love my Dyson Cookie. As Judy says it's so light and normal cleaners feel so heavy after using one. I have the "Animal"  because of Chance but DS has the "Fluffy" because he has hardwood floors.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:11:38 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15322 on: June 01, 2017, 09:25:31 pm »
I bought a Dyson when they were a fairly new concept on the market - it was an upright, way before the days of the light ones now available.  I always thought I had a fairly clean carpet at home until I used the Dyson for the first time - I couldn't believe how much it picked up off the floor.  I must admit I now have a Miele and love it, but I will never forget the first time I used that old Dyson, it did years and years of hard service before finally curling up its cord for the last time.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #15323 on: June 02, 2017, 12:23:39 am »
Cookie, we have a Dyson. Love it. Have had it for years. Recently bought a similar machine by Bosch. I prefer the Dyson action better when vacuuming. The Bosch one is the animal hair one and certainly does a good job on DD dogs hair.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15324 on: June 02, 2017, 12:55:51 am »
I agree about the Dyson. It is amazing. Unbelievable in fact . Mine is on of the cheapest uprights and when I have lent it for others to try they are also amazed. It picked up dog hairs where I swear there were none. Now, sadly, there are no dog hairs.  I even use it on the outside patio and garage to pick up leaves and dirt.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15325 on: June 02, 2017, 06:35:17 am »
Thanks everyone. I have an upright Dyson and love it to bits. I thought the stick one would be handy for bird feathers/seed etc. I did read that some people get zapped with them and was concerned. It is apparently static electricity when you use it on carpets. I have enough trouble now with getting zapped on various things. I'm thinking very seriously about it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #15326 on: June 03, 2017, 07:48:21 am »
I had a dyson  for about 8 years, we bought another one 2 years ago. love them.

I bought a new slow cooker today, a 3 in 1 :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15327 on: June 05, 2017, 02:21:41 am »
Another visit to the cheap pot place, bought some of his plants today - so much cheaper than prices at nurseries.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15328 on: June 05, 2017, 02:25:29 am »
Plants

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15329 on: June 05, 2017, 02:27:34 am »
More plants. Because I buy a lot each time I go there, he reduces the prices even more and gives great deals on the pots.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 02:29:32 am by judydawn »