Author Topic: I know I shouldn't say this but I am going to anyway....  (Read 32538 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I know I shouldn't say this but I am going to anyway....
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2013, 11:31:39 am »
I've had to remove the price Chocolatte, under rule 5.3 .
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Chocolatte

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2013, 11:33:08 am »
Sorry, I didn't know. Red face emoticon.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2013, 11:34:09 am »
We don't have Aldi in SA either.
McMich, I agree with you.  Two years ago I wasn't in a position to justify spending so much money on a Thermomix, especially as I didn't know anyone with one and didn't know how much use I would get from it. I bought a Thermochef instead and have been happy with my decision. I have made lots of great food for my family and friends in the two years that I've had my machine, and as a bonus, have made some new friends here on the forum.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2013, 11:40:30 am »
We love having you too ES, you've been to both retreats, helped transport our interstate visitors during the August retreat here in Adelaide and been to many get togethers.

No worries Chocolatte, it gets difficult when discussions like this take place - just how far to go with it is always hard.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 11:53:48 am by judydawn »

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2013, 11:52:09 am »
Thanks Judy :)
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2013, 01:01:14 pm »
If it's all they can afford, I'd honestly say to just cook manually. That's how much I hated it.
I haven't had one but that is the impression I get. From the forum, no one seems to know how to use their machine and it all seems so HARD. And it doesn't seem to do much - can't steam and cook. doesn't weigh, need to change blades for stuff. I think if I had one of them I would never have got a TMX as I would've thought it was all a waste of time. Still plenty do, so........

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2013, 10:42:48 am »
I'm interested to hear the reviews of the Aldi one. I looked at the youtube clip and I don't think it would be as good as the TMX, but I really hope it is better than many of the others out there so that more and more people are cooking with thermo cookers. The more people that use thermo cookers, the more books and the more members here :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2013, 11:11:33 am »
Well said jam.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2013, 11:43:58 am »
I've heard it takes after the thermo blend and that you can't cook and steam at the same time.

Offline meggik

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2013, 09:46:54 pm »
I bought the Kuchef. Why? Because I used to own a Thermomix by association (it's Mum's, and then I moved out of home) and I really miss it, and because I am poor. There's low income, and then there's poor (I have health issues that stop me from working more than I already do and also preclude the possibility of becoming a consultant). So why the Kuchef? Well, I love Aldi. They're easy to deal with if things go wrong. This was the first thermofake I've come across with a decent warranty at an affordable price (I have a strict policy of not being in debt, which includes financing things like thermomixes) and it has both a 60 day satisfaction guarantee so I can take it back if it annoys me, and a 3 year warranty, so if it breaks before then I can take it back for a refund/repair/replacement. Basically, having this one means that I can have the benefit of thermocooking (which I really like) now while I keep saving for the day when I get a thermomix. As a former Thermomix user, I can let you know how it stacks up if you like. :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2013, 10:16:03 pm »
Hi meggik, welcome to the forum.  It's great you were bought up in a home with a TMX and will be able to compare the 2 machines.  We can only buy what we can afford and I applaud and completely agree with you regarding your attitude to being debt free.  I hope you get many years happy use from your Kuchef and that your health improves  - good luck and thanks for sharing your story with us.  Apart from ill health, we have all been in your position in our early married lives when money was tight and mortgage repayments were huge.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2013, 10:21:53 pm »
I am sure We would all be very interested in hearing how this compares.

Good Luck with it & I hope your health improves :)

Halex
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2013, 10:55:19 pm »
Welcome to the forum meggik. Loved your post and applaud your good sense about your thermofake. Great description and I am sure we will steal/adopt your word for all devices  which are thermo like!!

You sound a very smart and savvy young woman. Please let us know how you go with your  Thermofake as we are most interested. Many of us would like to give our children a Thermomix  but few of us can afford it so would like to know how an alternative bears up to the job.

Thanks again

Get
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2013, 04:46:37 am »
I love hearing about all the different thermo fakes.

Welcome to the forum too.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2013, 05:04:32 am »
Really can't wait for the review to come in with this one...wishing you well with your health meggik, and please update us  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!