Author Topic: LEMON MUFFINS  (Read 41283 times)

Offline trudy

• View Profile
LEMON MUFFINS
« on: June 24, 2009, 09:29:30 am »
LEMON MUFFINS

For 12 Muffins:-

2 cups (340gms)  Self Raising Flour
3/4 cup (150gms) sugar
75gms butter - melted
1 cup (250mls) milk

1 large egg
rind of one lemon or two small lemons
60mls lemon juice
55grms extra sugar

1.    Place lemon rind & sugar into TM bowl and grind 20 secs/speed 8.
2.    Add milk, melted butter, self-raising flour, & egg.
3.    Mix for about 25 secs/speed 7 or until just combined
4.    Place into greased muffin pan and bake 200C for approx 10-12 mins or until cooked
5.    TO MAKE TOPPING:-
       Mix together in a small bowl the lemon juice & extra sugar:- no need to dissolve the sugar.  As soon as the muffins come
       out of the oven drizzle this mixture over each muffin.  Leave to stand in the pans for only a few minutes after this, incase  
       the syrup hardens as it cools and the muffins stick to their pans.  

Enjoy!!!!!

members' comments

Caroline J - they were YUMMY.  Will make these again.  Plus, they use the whole lemon!  Many of the lemon recipes I have read only use the rind, and I am left with all these naked lemons! Thanks for the recipe.

JD - Made these today Trudy but with baby GS underfoot, misread or didn't read correctly and tipped the juice in with the other ingredients instead of keeping it to pour over with the sugar after they were cooked. Guess I could have made up another batch of the liquid and still done it but thought they might then be too lemony so left as was and just cut them in half and spread them with some butter.  Very nice indeed thanks.  Will try and do it correctly next time when it is just me and my TMX in the kitchen.

JulieO - they are really lovely.  The syrup over the top really makes them I think. I made 6 texas sized ones and 3 normal sized ones.  To me they seem more cake like than muffin but that may have just been how they turned out for me.  Whatever, they went down a treat with the family and so easy to make in the TM.  Will definitely be made again. Thanks Trudy for a great recipe.

maddy - These also were lovely Trudy, more like cupcakes in taste. I also like the crunch of the syrup, similar to Bron's lemon sponge.

CC - These are lovely Trudy, I have resisted temptation and have only had one. DH and DS are eating their way through them and enjoying every mouthful.

Hally - Just whipped these out the oven, very nice and light. Friend coming over for coffee, so thought these looked nice and they are. Thanks Trudy.

Coops - they are wonderful, so light and fluffy and the lemon gives the perfect balance of sweet and sour, thanks for a great recipe.

johnro - thanks Trudy they were a hit with all who consumed the 12 in record time!

Sassafrass - I made them in Texas muffing tins the night before and they looked and smelt fantastic. Thanks for the recipe and the lemon syrup on top soaks through when left over night making the whole muffin/cake even tastier.

Amy -  I got 12 large muffins and a few miniatures.They went a bit lopsided in the oven but there are only four left so I guess they must taste pretty darn good! Thanks for the lovely recipe Trudy.

DJ - Made 12 of these earlier this week. Added poppy seeds. They were ok but not the lightest bake I've done for a while. Not sure what went wrong!

Lilli33 - Absolutely delicious. Lovely and light and fluffy like a cupcake... I think this will be my go to cupcake recipe. Kids loved it, and so did I!

Rara1 - Lovely and light. Thanks Trudy will definitely make again. 5/5

Amy - I made a double batch of these for a fundraising bake sale. I love this recipe. They came out perfectly and smell delicious.

djinni373 - I made these again for lunches. Lovely, light, lemony with a light crunch on top. YUM Another favourite here.

SuzieG - Just had one - very nice, although I wish I had have put more lemon juice on at the end, even so not too lemony which means my kids will eat them!

JuliaC83 - Used wholemeal SR flour and raw sugar so they are a darker colour. Doubled the mixture to make 24 regular sized muffins. Ate one to ensure it was good before packaging the rest in wrap and labelling for a bake sale at school.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:29:40 pm by judydawn »

Offline Caroline J

• View Profile
Re: LEMON MUFFINS
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 04:47:36 am »
Made these this morning for my DH to take to work.  Then I have the fun of making them, but without the temptation to eat them all!  Anyway, they were YUMMY.  Will make these again.  Plus, they use the whole lemon!  Many of the lemon recipes I have read only use the rind, and I am left with all these naked lemons!

Thanks for the recipe :)

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 05:29:39 am »
I do that too Caroline (bake cakes, muffins etc and then send them off with DH to work).  I put on a couple of kilos when I first got my Thermie so I had to set myself some rules before it went too far.  My number one rule now is that I don't bake cakes or muffins unless we are having guests or unless I send at least half with DH to work.  Of course puddings and biscuits are different altogether . . . .  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 07:13:38 am »
It seems we all do similar things. Some cookies and cakes we keep for our use and others, usually recipes that I really want to try, go off with DH or DD.  Work colleagues are great for off loading onto.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 09:31:42 am »
Thanks for the review Caroline J.  Poor little naked lemons - good to see you thinking of their welfare.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 05:41:50 am »
Made these today Trudy but with baby GS underfoot, misread or didn't read correctly and tipped the juice in with the other ingredients instead of keeping it to pour over with the sugar after they were cooked. Guess I could have made up another batch of the liquid and still done it but thought they might then be too lemony so left as was and just cut them in half and spread them with some butter.  Very nice indeed thanks.  Will try and do it correctly next time when it is just me and my TMX in the kitchen ??? ???
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 07:45:37 am »
Well done Judy. Hope you are coping well.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 08:04:12 am »
Thanks Cookie1 - only 5 more days to go :D :D :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 04:26:07 am »
Made these today and they are really lovely.  The syrup over the top really makes them I think. 

I made 6 texas sized ones and 3 normal sized ones.  To me they seem more cake like than muffin, but that may have just been how they turned out for me.  Whatever, they went down a treat with the family and so easy to make in the TM.  Will definitely be made again.

Thanks Trudy for a great recipe.  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 07:29:27 am »
That syrup really gives them a glazed look. They look delicious.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 08:02:24 am »
I'm glad you liked them and yes they are a bit cake like in texture.  My family like me to put more sugar into the glaze to give that extra crunch!!!!

Trudy

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 06:11:46 am »
Look delicious JO - love citrus flavours
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 07:48:51 am »
These also were lovely Trudy, more like cupcakes in taste  :)

I also like the crunch of the syrup, similar to Bron's lemon sponge.

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 09:03:20 am »
Trudy,  these look lovely.  Like anything Lemon.

maddy how on earth did you make those beautiful tops?

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 09:31:16 am »

maddy how on earth did you make those beautiful tops?

Willow silicone rose muffin pan (from Kmart)

.........EAT CAKE!