Author Topic: Chocolate Icecream (egg free)  (Read 25759 times)

Offline containergirl

• View Profile
Chocolate Icecream (egg free)
« on: October 14, 2009, 05:40:36 am »
Name of Recipe:  Chocolate Icecream (egg free)
Number of People:  depends on decadance capacity.  About six to eight people
Ingredients:

600ml cream
395g can condensed milk
200 g Plasistowe Dark Cooking Chocolate

Preparation:

Break chocolate into pieces into TM bowl.  
Grate 5 – 10 secs on speed 7.  
Melt 2 – 3 mins at 50 degrees on speed 3.  (I do 2 mins and then scrape down sides and about 30 seconds more)
Insert Butterfly.  Add condensed milk and cream.  
Beat on speed 4 for 20 – 30 seconds.
Put into a container and freeze.

You will not need to reblitz.  It keeps soft and creamy for a couple of weeks (ours only gets that old if Spanner forgets about the emergency supply in the store freezer).
I would be keen for the evaporated milk recipe too.  I haven't had much time to explore forum but I am glad to know there are a few egg free people around to swap tips with.  

I never used to notice egg in food but a child with an allergy changed that.  Since I cook most things without egg these days some cakes and biscuits etc taste odd with egg in them.

Photos:

Tips/Hints:  This is a recipe that I got from a major brand condensed milk can.  The original recipe has powdered ginger and choc chips.  I have never added these as it has always been so perfect.  Before the Thermomix our kitchen was always covered in chocolate and cream - I am not the neatest of cooks and anything requiring whipping spelt disaster zone.  The first day I made it with the Thermomix Mr Containergirl (Spanner) didn't even know I had made it.....previously there would be evidence for some time.

members' comments
VHJ - Waiting for this to freeze but it was finger licking good out of the TMX bowl.  I halved the recipe and used Skim Condensed milk and a 250g tin of Reduced fat Cream that I made up to 300ml with milk. Thanks Containergirl.

Meagan -  made this recipe twice this weekend. Once with the dark chocolate - I found that the melted chocolate went a bit bitty when I added the cream and condensed milk - the blades weren't moving when I added it. Also I had to whizz it for longer than suggested as the chocolate seemed to take ages to mix into it. As a result the end product was like a whipped cream consistency. The second batch I did was white chocolate and it more smooth but slightly thicker. I added the cream and condensed milk through the hole as it was on speed 4 with the butterfly in and ended up with a much smoother ice-cream. It is really rich but yummo Smiley
Thanks for the recipe.
Made another couple of batches of this one last night  Grin I did a little experiment with the white chocolate one and blitzed some strawberries and stirred them by hand into the mix. Very yummy although the strawberry is a little icy, I am thinking you could probably blitz the strawberry so it is more of a coulis and add a little alcohol and then swirl it into the mix.
Also I was thinking it would be cool to make a swirled dark choc and white choc combo.

cathy79 - The mixture is fantastic!  I think it would make a great "chocolate mousse".  It's in the freezer, and I've checked on it a few times.  Absolutely delicious.

Alina0210 - I made this last night.... taste tested this morning (7:30am HAHA)..... and wow yumm, so chocolatey and smooth.... i can feel my waist getting larger and its not just me being pregnant LOL...  Will definitely make it again, and so easy.

Sundari - Made this again the other day and it is so good
I did one batch with some TMX chopped nuts like pistachios and maca's swirled through.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:27:04 pm by judydawn »
Senior Princess
Pimlico Palace

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
Re: Chocolate Icecream (egg free)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 06:13:36 am »
Sounds Fantastic !!. A recipe for ice cream without eggs is great. I am not an egg lover & I always seem to be able to taste them. Probably psychological. Thanks containergirl.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 07:44:52 am »
Thanks Containergirl. This will be especially useful for people who can't eat eggs. It looks so easy to make. Will be good for that hot weather that is sneaking up on us.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 08:04:25 am »
Thanks containergirl - certainly looks an easy one. No mess, no fuss - just the sort of recipes we like.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 10:02:38 am »
Thanks CG - great little find on the can  :-* :-* :-* 

Do you freeze and then reblitz it ?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 06:46:41 pm »
What cream? 22% fat or 35%? Could I use evaporated milk which is only 9%? You know me and my diet! ??? ??? :-)) :-))
Amanda

Spain

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 11:26:12 pm »
Good question Bron.  Mum used to make an ice-cream with evaporated milk and I wondered if anyone would ever post a recipe using it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 10:12:46 am »
My Mum did too Judy, in the days of kerosene fridges. Everytime she made it the fridge would go out and she would get cross.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 01:21:38 pm »
LOL my mum used to make it too with evaporated milk and I still have her recipe if anyone wants me to post it!  ;)

Thanks so much for this one container girl as my DS is egg free  ;D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 01:25:31 pm by faffa_70 »
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 01:27:25 pm »
Yes please Kathryn.  I'm surprised no-one has posted one already - it has to have less calories surely?

Offline containergirl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 04:05:52 am »
I forget to put the last step....whoops.

Put into a container and freeze. 

You will not need to reblitz.  It keeps soft and creamy for a couple of weeks (ours only gets that old if Spanner forgets about the emergency supply in the store freezer). 

I would be keen for the evaporated milk recipe too.  I haven't had much time to explore forum but I am glad to know there are a few egg free people around to swap tips with. 

I never used to notice egg in food but a child with an allergy changed that.  Since I cook most things without egg these days some cakes and biscuits etc taste odd with egg in them.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 01:00:44 am by judydawn »
Senior Princess
Pimlico Palace

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 02:13:19 am »
DS3 will thank you for this one containergirl!  ;D
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 02:39:57 pm »
Waiting for this to freeze but but it was finger licking good out of the TMX bowl. :D  I halved the recipe and used Skim Condensed milk and a 250g tin of Reduced fat Cream that I made up to 300ml with milk. Thanks Containergirl
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline spanner

• View Profile
    • Aussies living simply
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 06:03:56 am »
This is the ducks nuts, the pigs trotters, the good oil, the best darn thing this side of KFC and the kind of food I would crawld over broken glass for!!!!

I love this and so do ALL my work collegues.

Oh my god if I were to be left to die on a dessert (pun intended) island this is what I would want as my last meal before setting off accross shark infested waters for rescue.
==============================

a miniskip past is a treasure lost

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 06:23:38 am »
After that recommendation what can I do but make it.