Author Topic: is it just me or...  (Read 7426 times)

Offline alexquake

• View Profile
is it just me or...
« on: April 23, 2014, 05:59:28 am »

hello again,

this isnt really a complaint, just a slight irritation. so im new to thermomix and after attending two demos decided to invest what I, and many others agree, is a small fortune on a thermomix.  So I called the consultant and advised that I was interested in purchasing via the 12month interest free and she provided an order number......

...so that was a week ago and I have had no contact from anyone other than the automated advice that my application for 12 months interest free has been approved. I have no idea when the thermomix will arrive (if indeen it will) and wile I appreciate that it has been a long weekend surely a courtesy call to say everything is under way might be nice. I ordered on Wednesday last week so by now I am getting a little miffed. It might not seem like a lot of money to some...but $2000 to me is a considerable sum to lay down on an appliance. Just a week ago I ordered a $300 tefal cooker from a major onlien retailer and received it next day with a follow up call the following day asking if it had been delivered and if I was happy with it.

Having been in retail myself for over 10 years and currently working in a performance monitoring and evaluation role I can safely say that while the consultant seemed lovely at the demo, her after sales service could be improved. Even if she didnt have any news on the machine...how about calling with any of the following conversation starters:

" hey Alex, are you excited about getting your machine? heres a couple of things/groceries you might want to buy in prep for its arrival"

" Hi Alex, its XX here, just a quick call to let you know that when I pop over with your machine I will be able to show you a couple of easy recipes. is there anything in particular you are interested in learning?"

"Hi Alex, xx here, just letting you know that I havent heard from head Office but as soon as I have any news I will let you know. do you have any questions you want to ask before your Thermomix arrives?"

Seriously, it wouldnt take more than 5 minutes to contact me and let me know rather than making me think I made a  bad $2000 investment. Hopfully this might be helpful to other new consultants about how "not" to treat your customers.

...sorry about the rant..its just that I was all excited ...now somewhat deflated about the thermomix.  :'(

shoudl I call the consultant or head office to get the info...??

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: is it just me or...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 06:09:29 am »
Hi and welcome Alex, I can understand your frustration...but do remember the consultants are just normal people doing this in their own time and not a company with set work hours as such. (I'm not a consultant myself or anything like that) She may have other pressing needs over this holiday time etc, who knows?  :)
I know $2000 is a big investment, and the waiting is the hardest part of having a TM!!! Ask any Q on here and you will be bound to get all the answers and help you need.
Also, it is a great idea to decide what you want to cook first and make sure you have the ingredients already.  :D
When it arrives (& I'm sure it will) you will certainly be all excited again!  ;D
:D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 06:28:05 am »
Alex I can imagine how you feel. Perhaps your consultant has been away for Easter.  However I would still ring them and say something like'i am getting really excited about the thermomix, can you give me some idea about delivery please?' 
I am in no way making excuses but Head Office will be closed over Easter too. Perhaps your consultant hasn't been advised that your interest free has been approved. Give them a ring and stir them , nicely.  ;D ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 06:37:09 am »
Alex, you'll get all the support on here that you'll need once the machine arrives but in the meantime do as the girls suggest and give your consultant a call to see if she has any idea of a delivery date or if the order has been processed.  Easter/Anzac Day certainly will hold things up and most people seem to have to wait up to 2 weeks in normal circumstances anyway.  I wouldn't get offside with her, you may need her services down the track.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline alexquake

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 06:58:48 am »

Thank you everyone for the advice, I will wait until Monday next week and then give her a ring. Dont get me wrong,  I wasnt planning on given her a hard time, or getting her offside and I do appreciate that consultants have lives too and often this is a side job to the their full time occupation, be it workforce or family.

All I wanted to say is that spending 5 minutes of her time on me over the last 8 days would have been a nice gesture and made me feel more confident about contacting her in the future for advice and assisstance.

Having been a tupperware, stamping up and aromacandle consultant, I believe that if you commit yourself to be a consultant you need to remember that clients are what generate and drive your business and shouldn't be taken for granted.

All that being said, you have all offered some great advice and I will wait till Monday and let you know how I go. I am excited about gettiing Thermie and it will be a happy day when it arrives.

cheers
a

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 08:15:21 am »
Alexquake, understand how you feel, but Easter is a very busy time for most people.  Why wait until Monday.  Things should be in the pipe line for you,  so find out. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 10:34:23 am »
I agree with Chookie, especially if nothing has been done it will stir it up. Anyone with a thermomix will understand your eagerness for it to arrive.
I'm a bit like you and expect people to follow up.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 10:54:40 am »
AQ - I must say I totally agree - snippets of communication go a heck of a long way in keeping customers informed and happy - not to mention helping to cement a good  relationship.  The more faith and confidence you have in your consultant the more you're likely to recommend his or her services to others.  I wonder if these points you've made are mentioned (make that emphasised!) during the training that consultants go through.  If not, they should be. I  do understand it's a part time job for many who are also homemakers or who have other work commitments but a 2-3 minute phone call or an email as you've outlined would certainly go a long way with me! :)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 11:00:20 am »
I totally agree also but find it is the norm in todays world.  Unfortunately it is the pleasant surprise when we get good customer service in todays world.
I would certainly give them a call and pleasantly ask how the process is going and when you can expect delivery.
Denise

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 04:04:10 am »
This thread is a wonderful example of how an "unofficial" and un-endorsed forum goes overboard to support Thermomix friends at no charge.

Most users here are customers of Thermomix Australia, but none is a "customer" of this forum. The moderators here are overwhelmingly supportive in their volunteer roles and this speaks volumes for how passionate Thermomix owners are about their machines. :-* :-)) :-* It also speaks volumes about the nature of Thermomix users in general, imho -- a great bunch of like-minded cooks, of which you alexquake are now one  ;)

Your comments are completely in line, but do hang in there, it's well worth the wait.
- H.
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 05:41:16 am »
So eloquently put Helene. Thank you.