Author Topic: MY "VERY NORMAL" BREAD  (Read 94130 times)

Offline isi

• View Profile
MY "VERY NORMAL" BREAD
« on: January 05, 2010, 07:58:43 pm »
Hello to all!
So my first Recepie here with photo (oh dear - hope you understand everything :D!)

The "Very Normal" Bread:

440gr. Water
1 + 1 / 2 tablespoon olive oil
1 + 1 / 2 spoon Salt Cafe
20 gr brown cane sugar
650 gr flour (half wholemeal / half wheat - or, as it just might!)
16 gr yeast
Pumpkin seeds / sesame / sunflower seeds .....

Water + salt - 2 minutes / Level 2 / 37 º
The add half of the flour + yeast - 10 sec / level 6
The rest of the flour + sugar + olive oil - 2 minutes  ::
Sometimes For me the dough is still too wet so  I put e a little bit of flower so it is Moore solid!
Add 7 tablespoons of various seeds and kernels  - 1min  ::.
Leave the dough in the Cup until it looks out of the hole!

After that I had already formed the prepared baking sheets with parchment paper and with wet hands, 80 - 90 grams of dough my buns.
Since they were pretty wet, I then directly rolled into a mixture of seeds and nuts!

I have let my breads another 10 minutes to rest and then op into the oven!
Preheated 200 º - 15 to 20 minutes (I  put a recipient with water in site!)

It make 13 breads 

Oh man was that hard now with the whole translation business - I hope it is understandable and does not have many errors. Otherwise, sorry!

That was my first photo recipe - I hope you enjoy it!

isi

vivacity

Re: MY "VERY NORMAL" BREAD
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 08:45:40 pm »
Hi! Those rolls look great :) Thanks for translating the recipe, I'll have to try these!

Offline Gralke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 10:05:21 pm »
Olá
wonderful bread - pelo menos a foto está 5 estrelas (sorry - I am admiring the photo!) Promise no more Portuguese!!!
Barbara

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 11:43:17 pm »
Thnaks indeed for your not so normal bread - it does deserve 5 stars.  Great work - we understand.

One thing is "(I  put a recipient with water in site!) " that you put a container with water in the oven to produce steam ?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 01:02:09 am »
Isi, these look delicious, must give them a go.  Thanks for translating the recipe.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 06:47:59 am »
Is brown cane sugar  raw sugar or soft brown sugar?  Also, is the 16g yeast fresh yeast?  On checking our recipes in the EDC, 16g dry yeast seems too much for that quantity of flour.   I am making these at the moment so by the time I get the answers it will be too late.  I guessed raw sugar and used 1 sachet dry yeast. Not being a bread maker, bet I've guessed wrongly.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 07:09:06 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 07:18:14 am »
J.D ,   probably should mind my own business .    but 2 rounded teaspoons of dried yeast to 500 to 550 of flour.   approx.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 08:35:44 am »
Oh man was that hard now with the whole translation business - I hope it is understandable and does not have many errors. Otherwise, sorry!

isi
Isi, may I just say, you are doing a fantastic job.  Thank you so much for sharing I recipes.  I bet you'll find that in a few weeks you'll be pleasantly surprised how much you've learned from investing your efforts into these translations for us.

Thank you so much. :-*
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 08:40:38 am »
Chookie, anyone is welcome to answer question on this forum - all help is gratefully received.  My rolls look just like yours isi but the test will be in how light they are.  That is always my problem when making bread, it looks alright but is a bit on the heavy side.  Just taken them out of the oven so are too hot to test right now but I'll get back later on how they tasted.  Certainly is an easy method and I was delighted to see the dough poking it's head out through the hole after 45 minutes.  I even shut the kitchen off from the air conditioning and opened up the door and window to let some of our heat come in to make the job easier for the dough.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 09:16:26 am »
Isi, you will be pleased to know that I am very happy with these rolls.  I made 14 weighing 70g each and because my DH doesn't like grain bread, left the seeds out of the dough mixture.  I did put some on the top though.  They were so nice in fact, that after dinner I had one with jam and cream on it as well. Thanks for posting this easy recipe.

vivacity

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 01:46:28 pm »
Thanks for the recipe, Isi. I made the rolls using a mixture of wholewheat and rye flour plus "normal" white flour, adding 2 tbsp sourdough extract. I used fresh yeast and mixed it with the warm water on speed 10 for a few seconds before adding the flour in batches. Since I didn't have time to leave the dough to rise, I just formed rolls of about 85g and let them rise 20 minutes while the oven was heating. The rolls are really delicious and we just enjoyed them for a late breakfast. Perhaps the rolls should be called "Isi's easy rolls", they are so simple to make ;)

Offline isi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 03:40:46 pm »
Hello to everybody :)

Sorry to just see your doubt now - but - since we have a difference of 12 hours in the time zone ... ..
So when you are cooking I am I sleeping - lol :D

I use in my kitchen usually always Fresh Yeast - but I will have the care to mention that in my next recipe!

@ judy and vivacity - Thank you for having done .... I'm so glad you enjoyed it!   jupiiiiii
I am going to put another recipe of Portuguese Bread which is easyer then this -  that is going to be called "Isi´s easy rolls" hehehe
So it gives me more courage to put a few more things !

Best regards

isi

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 03:05:02 am »
Isi, your bread looks lovely. I will have to try it. So glad everyone else is having success with them. It just goes to show that your English is going really well Isi-congratulations.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 03:44:40 am »
Couldn't resist making these this morning to have for lunch, they looked so easy, and they were.

I wanted lunch size, so I made slightly larger rounds and got 10 out of this dough.  I had some shaved smoked turkey which I put on them and we each had one for lunch.   So nice.  The only thing I will alter is reduce the  sugar just a little, but not much.  I experimented in that I only used wet hands on some and not others and found that the ones I did turned out lovely and golden. 

I used just over half of white flour and the rest wholemeal, and didn't add seeds to the dough just on the top. (sunflower & pumpkin was all I had).

Because they don't take long and are so easy to make I think next time I will make half the quantity and make into 4 rolls to have for lunch.  I am thrilled with this recipe, thankyou isi.  ;D

forgot to say, after the first rise, I kneaded on Interval speed for a further minute before carrying on with the recipe.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:46:19 am by JulieO »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 03:58:46 am »
JulieO, did you have to cook the rolls longer because they were bigger?  I need to make some bigger ones too and next time I will try it with all white flour.  It seems to be a very versatile little recipe and if I had success, anyone can :P :P