Author Topic: Miracle spray  (Read 226966 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Miracle spray
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 06:57:06 am »
Mandi you are doing a great job.  I spring clean when I feel like it and that is generally not in the spring.  I do a room at a time and it takes me a while these days, slowing down in my old age.

How time consuming is it to clean with one of those magic erasers?  I don't have a full sized one, just a few sample sized which were in showbags at different times.  Have never used them at all and have no idea how they work.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 11:32:50 am »
Oh my! More cleaning products to try! My house has never been so clean! I can't wait to make this one up to give it a go. I'm loving the lemon cleaning concentrate and my windows have just been cleaned inside and out for the first time in two years (I know, I should be ashamed, but two young kids......excuses, excuses) thanks to me reading JD's idea of cloudie ammonia and dish washing liquid diluted in water. The really funny thing is that my windows are now so clean I have had two separate neighbors ask what I used and I've now caught them doing theirs!  ;D
With this little beauty I'll have the cleanest house in the neighborhood! Thanks for sharing.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2012, 11:50:45 am »
I hate cleaning windows as well. It's one of those jobs I only do once a year inside and out (except the sliding glass door which gets done every second day) I have those stupid windows that have between 12 and 18 little pain per window (who ever come up with that idea should be shot :o )
:D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2012, 11:52:38 am »
Good to see your neighbours were spurred on to clean their windows too Brumington.  Your house is certainly going to look all bright and shiny and at minimal cost too.

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2012, 11:57:33 am »
I had one neighbor so happy with the result she said I could bottle it and sell it!!!!!!! I'll leave that to you JD!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2012, 12:03:24 pm »
Just share it around Brumington - cost saving tips and great products are a word of mouth thing and your windows obviously were testament enough to convince your neighbours to try it.  Wait until they see the miracle spray do it's work on your floors  ;D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2012, 12:39:19 pm »
I know what you mean dede, this spray is fantastic. I had all the ingredients basically on hand anyway and went a bit mad before posting my approval. There is NO WAY I will ever buy another bottle of stupid household spray n wipe again. I would love to know a similar recipe for fly/insect spray...

JD what is your window cleaner - I have only ever used a splash of metho, warm water, and lots of newspaper to polish.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2012, 12:57:17 pm »
It's what the window cleaner from VIP uses CP.  No measurements - he just poured a glug of cloudy ammonia into cold water (I use warm though) and added a squeeze of dishwashing liquid.  I mix it in a 2 litre ice-cream container to clean my glass splashback and glass topped gas cooker, mirrors etc.  He uses old towels to dry the windows off.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2012, 01:01:38 pm »
I agree CP, the miracle spray has even removed some marks on my walls that I couldn't get off before :)
 Really happy with it and definitely won't be buying any more spray and wipe products. I'm also going to refill my toilet duck containers once the are empty. It's great stuff. I have already made 2 lots up :o
Loving the spring cleaning. Starting on the lounge room tomorrow :)

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2012, 01:06:59 pm »
Will have to try that one JD. I usually use vinegar and warm water and rags.

While on the cleaning topic does anyone know the best thing to keep condensation off windows. My DS's bedroom builds up quiet a bit of condensation on the windows.
He sleeps with his door closed which doesn't help.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2012, 01:13:24 pm »
dede imagine how much money you are saving @ say $25/hr for cleaner. You would be cleaning a lot better and seem to be enjoying it - EMBRACE THE MOMENT (while it lasts). I love the cost. Love, love, love smell, outcome, cost. Not really happy with bicarb and vinegar and think sometimes we need a little more oomph for dirty jobs. Thanks JD my windows are in need of some cleaning. Probably will note it for spring when the rain and wind settle down.

As for condensation dede, don't think that you can really do much more than keep the window slightly ajar (even just a 1cm) to allow for it to dissipate. Its a build up of moisture and from what I can tell you need fresh air. Maybe Google whatshername??? Lush??? name escapes me...

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2012, 02:01:16 pm »
Thanks CP, will have a google and see what I can find. They should make demisters for house windows like they do for cars :D

Offline teagg

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2012, 03:16:42 pm »
Re the condensation - a dehumidifier; Keeping the door or window open to ensure airflow; or some of those moisture absorber containers.

Also, and this is the real reason for posting... Years ago a fishmonger's assistant had the shampoo 'head and shoulders' sitting inside the display fridge. I queried why it was there and apparently it's the bees knees for ensuring that the display unit's windows didn't fog up. He only applied a very thin layer but it was apparently applied neat.
Hope that is of some use!
Gillian

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2012, 03:20:10 pm »
I'm loving all these tips on cleaning, especially if they really work!!

CP - I think you are referring to Shannon Lush. I bought 2 of her books from gumtree but can't say I've used them. Thanks for reminding me. The index doesn't show anything about condensation but I might look harder tomorrow.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2012, 03:51:13 pm »
yep thats her tasty I was racking my brains and "Lush" came to my brain for a little hint if you know what I mean.

teagg did the fishmonger just have a bottle of shampoo in the display cabinet? what a weird look if it ws sitting in their cabinet.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:43:49 am by CreamPuff63 »