Author Topic: Choc Chip Blueberry Muffins  (Read 41138 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Choc Chip Blueberry Muffins
« on: December 02, 2009, 04:14:52 am »
Ingredients:

270g self-raising flour
165g caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
180g milk
60g sunflower or safflower oil
100g choc bits
200g blueberries / raspberries

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 200oC.

Place all ingredients except choc bits and blueberries in TM bowl, for 40 seconds on Speed 4-5. Add blueberries and choc bits to TM bowl, for 30 seconds, Speed 2 - 3, Reverse or until ingredients are just incorporated.

Fill greased muffin tins three-quarters full with mixture, bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold.

Makes 12.  They freeze well.

Source: Australian Womans Weekly

Members' comments

Ruth - I just made these with white chocolate and raspberries. They are delicious. I used a block of green and blacks organic white chocolate and chopped it in the TMX.  You are meant to do it first and set it aside till the end, but I made a mistake and chopped it after grinding my sugar but it worked anyway. I used frozen berries but let them defrost a bit. I think there is a typo with the oil (with the half a cup bit) - I used 70g (mixture of butter and olive oil).  I also added in a couple of table spoons of chia gel, as per the soaking thread on this forum, to make it healthy.  My oven is hot so I cooked them 150oC for 16 mins.

CP - made these using frozen raspberries and white choc bits and used a medium muffin tray (bit bigger than a patty cake but smaller than the texan size). Measurement of oil seems to be ok.

Denzelmum - yummy!  Made with Ghirardelli bitter sweet choc and raspberry.  DD preferred the raspberry, seems that kids not quite enjoy Ghirardelli choc bits.
Have also made with frozen raspberry and white choc.  Yum!

astarra - used raspberry and white choc chips (with a few brown cuz we ran out of white). Made 3 dozen cupcake size... which I have managed to get 1 dozen into the freezer by hiding the last cooling rack load! So I gather they are rather nice.

Suzanne - these are delicious I used white choc chips and blueberries. I have also used milk chocolate chips and a couple of bananas. Really delicious and ds11 who doesn't like berries said the best he has eaten.

Frozzie - used blueberry/dark chocolate. These are sooo good.. Can't stop eating them ... Packed full of fruit and choc and so moist yummmm.. Only problem is you eat too many lol. I made to recipe except just sprinkled a little sugar on top before baking.

classmyth - My husband made these this morning with white choc and raspberries - they were yummo!!!

Brumington - Love these. I made white chocolate and raspberry flavoured and used duck eggs which I'd be given. Beautiful warm from the oven.

BZB - Made these delicious choc chips and raisins muffins for the boys' afternoon tea. Fab recipe, Creampuff 😃
Can't get enough of these simple, yummy muffins. Today's version: blackberries, raspberries and choc chips 😋
I love that these muffins need little planning and can be made at the spur of the moment 😄

obbie - added cocoa powder, and changed it to mulberrys. Yummy, kids are really loving these.

GF - This is a great recipe - had very little time this afternoon to make something to take to a meeting and remembered I'd saved this to try.  No time flat in the TMX and then into the oven.  Used white choc bits and frozen raspberries and baked them in the mini muffins pan - 24 for them and a nice sized little cake for me!!  The woman in charge of the supper end of things remarked later - "Gee, those muffins were nice!  I had three!!" Thanks CP - it's in the "keeper folder".

Katie - I made these using Karen's home-grown raspberries and white choc chips. My sister called and said she was coming over later today, so I wanted something fast, easy and using ingredients on hand.  My DH and I have shared one (mandatory taste test!) and they taste lovely.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:20:16 am by judydawn »
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Choc Chip Blueberry Muffins
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 10:00:37 am »
CP63, did you use fresh or frozen blueberries for these?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 10:06:32 am »
I never actually cooked them - it was in response to an urgent request for choc chip muffins. Being a WW recipe they have already been triple tested. I will give them a go though in the next day or so and will use milk choc chips and frozen blueberries - the other option also could be white choc chips and raspberries.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 12:01:46 pm »
Thanks. White chocolate and raspberry muffins are lovely.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 01:11:35 pm »
Thanks CP63 - sound good ...and easy  :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline ruth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 03:38:48 pm »
I just made these with white chocolate and raspberries.  DH requested raspberry and white chocolate muffins and so I searched the forum and of course I found a recipe. They are delicious.

I used a block of green and blacks organic white chocolate and chopped it in the TMX.  You are meant to do it first and set it aside till the end, but I made a mistake and chopped it after grinding my sugar but it worked anyway. I used frozen berries but let them defrost a bit.

I think there is a typo with the oil (with the half a cup bit) - I used 70g (mixture of butter and olive oil).  I also added in a couple of table spoons of chia gel, as per the soaking thread on this forum, to make it healthy  ;).   My oven is hot (I just burnt the easy muesli slice - very sad) so I cooked them 150 for 16 mins.

thanks everyone for the recipes and ideas.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 03:46:34 pm by ruth »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 03:07:42 am »
Thanks for the feedback Ruth. Sorry your oven burnt the slice, it is lovely.

Offline ruth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 09:23:32 am »
oh I just got too confident and made it without thinking as I made the slice last week too (normally I remember to adjust the oven).   I sat down to breastfeed and asked my husband to get the slice out but too late .... I saw smoke coming out of the oven and said 'has it burnt' and he said 'no its ok' .... but when I looked it was mostly black!! Its still a little bit edible ... maybe.

I used those expensive organic cranberries too .... I think I will go eat one of the muffins to avoid thinking about it  ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:05:00 am by ruth »

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 11:28:14 am »
Bugger!  Sorry to hear that  :(
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline ruth

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 03:45:13 pm »
thanks Thermomixer, but amazingly they tasted heaps better the next day so the disaster was averted.  There is only a couple left so I will be making another batch this weekend, and then it may be time to try something new (or maybe not  :) ...).

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 07:09:56 am »
made these today and used frozen raspberries and white choc bits, and used a medium muffin tray (bit bigger than a patty cake but smaller than the texan size) Measurement of oil seems to be ok

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 09:58:18 am »
Hmmm...  yummy!  Made with Ghirardelli bitter sweet choc and raspberry.  DD preferred the raspberry, seems that kids not quite enjoy Ghirardelli choc bits.
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 08:43:04 am »
Just made these with miss3 as rasp and white choc chips (with a few brown cuz we ran out of white  :-)) )
Made 3 dozen cupcake size... which I have managed to get 1 dozen into the freezer by hiding the last cooling rack load!
So I gather they are rather nice  ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 09:00:29 am by astarra »
:D

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 09:26:42 am »
Lovely Astarra. Glad you got to freeze some ;)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 07:13:29 am »
Just made another batch of these as Raspberry and White Choc Chip (with miss2's help)
They have once again been met with a resounding "Yum" from all who have tried them!  :D
:D