Author Topic: Weight Watcher's Chicken Lasagne  (Read 12316 times)

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
Weight Watcher's Chicken Lasagne
« on: April 26, 2011, 05:19:19 am »
Weight Watchers Chicken Lasagne:

Serves 6:

1 quantity of EDC bolognaise made with 500g lean chicken mince
dried pre-cooked lasgane noodles (I used Aldi Renmano brand and needed about 8)
500g low fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup of torn fresh basil leaves
100g grated reduced fat tasty cheese

Preparation:
Mix cottage cheese with torn fresh basil leaves, and salt and pepper
Spray a lasgane dish with cooking spray and spread a layer of the chicken bol sauce on the bottom. 
Cover with lasagne noodles.
Spread another layer of sauce and dollop the cottage cheese on at regular intervals.
Cover with lasagne noodles.
Spread the remaining sauce on top and dollop again with cottage cheese mixture, spreading it out to cover the top as much as possible.
Sprinkle on the cheese.
Spray a sheet of aluminium foil with cooking spray and cover the lasagne (so the cheese doesn't stick).
Bake for approx 40 mins at 180 (will depend on which brand of lasagne noodles you use) or until pasta is tender.  Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes.

Tips/Hints:
I added a few herbs to the EDC bol recipe, but also next time will try 600 rather than 400 g of canned tomato as I felt it was a bit dry.  I got the idea for this recipe a few years ago from the Weight Watcher message boards and tried it reluctantly as I hate cottage cheese, but luckily it doesn't taste like cottage cheese when you bake it!  You could also use low fat ricotta.

If anyone is on Weight Watchers in Australia, a serve of this work out to be about 9 Propoints, depending on the brands of lasagne/cheeses you use.  We find it a tasty, healthy family meal (or WAS until 2 of my children went vego . . . sigh!)
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline cottchick

• View Profile
Re: Weight Watcher's Chicken Lasagne
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 01:35:21 pm »
Looking forward to trying this recipe, thanksLellyj!

Serena

Offline vmc513

• View Profile
Re: Weight Watcher's Chicken Lasagne
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 08:11:56 pm »
I will def give this a try. Thanks for sharing :)